Skip to content
Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Buie
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
Inheritance Laws: What to do about a long list of heirs?

Jordan Buie
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Nashville, TN
Posted Aug 28 2016, 20:45

So, I have a unique situation I am trying to sort out and I'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with this issue. I am wholesaling a property, I get it under contract and I find an end buyer for assignment, only to discover from my title company that the deceased wife of my seller had no will and that when she died her 50 percent stake in said property, according to the title company, went to her heirs. My title company is saying that for the living husband to now sell the property, we have to get written permission from his two living children, as well as the wife of his deceased son, and from from his deceased son's adult children.  Has anyone ever dealt with anything like this? Obviously, the seller has his 50 percent stake in the house, as well as his stake in his wife's assets among her children as an heir. Therefore, as a majority stakeholder, does he really have to get his children to sign off on him to sell the property that he has worked and paid for? FYI, the seller is very motivated and he'll walk away with a good deal himself. Any tips?

Loading replies...