• Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Mapleton, UT
Votes |
Need some LLC and general advice Please

Jay Terpenning
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Mapleton, UT
Posted Jul 12 2009, 21:29

Here's the deal, I'm a Owner Operator Truck Driver. I am really big on paying for everything with cash, staying out of debt, Dave Ramsey sort of mindset.

Now about two years ago i made an LLC for investing, baught a house, rented it, and sort of forgot all about it. :roll: Things got busy.

Now that things are slowing down a bit for me i've had time to think about what i would like to build. I love investing! Not just in real estate, but well in everything. I want to build something where i can include other people. I want to be able to help people get out of debt, get good returns on their investments, I want to go to schools and teach 15 year olds things they should have already been taught before they start working, etc. The idea is sort of like a club where people can come and invest with me... I want to be able to show people in this club, this is what i'm working on, could be buying another truck, house, etc. If they want in, well you get the picture. Like I said, Dave Ramsey sort of mindset.

Now here's the question>>> How do I get started. I was wandering if I could use the LLC I started for investing? I’m not messing with my trucking company, obviously, but I also want to be able to use that company as an investment choice in the future because it brings in by far the most money. Though, the idea is to keep most of the money invested in real estate. Mind you if I can’t do it with cash then it won’t be done.

If you think I should just use the LLC I have now, this is my other question. I really didn’t keep up with all the things I needed to do with it. Didn’t keep good books, so how do I fix that so things are rock solid, and if I do use it I want to change it’s name. Understand, bringing people into this is something I want to do eventually. I want to have a good track record of houses I own in the company’s name and other things. I plan on going back to school while I build this track record too, so there’s my little dream. Please be gentle if I’m out of my mind.

Thanks!

Loading replies...