• Rental Property Investor
  • Plano, TX
Votes |
Burning Tax and Legal Questions~~

Philip Hy
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Plano, TX
Posted Jan 14 2017, 11:31
I've asked a lot of people but not getting any clear answers. These questions are keeping me up at night! 1.) My wife and I want to maximize number of conventional loans. We heard if lenders see that we file taxes together, lenders will only give us a maximum of 8 or 9 loans. However, if we file separately we can get 18-19 loans. Has anyone else heard this? How do you file? 2.) Another question broadly about debt to income ratio and LLC protection. We have an LLC and a business savings account for that LLC. Ideally we'd have that business savings account handle all the rental income and mortgage payments (I read that if an LLC bank account doesn't handle all expenses and income, we could lose the protection of an LLC). But if we do, next time we want to get a loan under one of our personal names, won't it look like our debt to income is too high to get a loan? Lenders will ask to see our banks statements and but won't see the rent and mortgage transactions coming in and out. Can anyone suggest an alternative setup? Sorry for the lengthy post, but dying for some clarity on these issues.

Loading replies...