Skip to content
Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation

User Stats

Votes
Christina L.
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Good online LLC set up service (Rocket Lawyer, IncFile, etc.)?

Christina L.
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted May 30 2017, 16:49

Hello BP community. I'm in escrow on a multifamily deal with a couple months to go on the due diligence/closing period. I need to get an LLC set up in preparation for closing. Can anyone recommend an online service for setting up an LLC that you've used and liked? Rocket Lawyer and IncFile seem to have decent reviews and prices but any recommendations would be most appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Avi Garg
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Concord, CA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Concord, CA
Replied May 30 2017, 16:55

Christina LaBorde I have used Incfile on 2 occasions and haven't had any trouble so far

User Stats

Votes
Christina L.
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied May 30 2017, 16:58

Avi Garg great, thanks for the feedback.

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Dmitriy Fomichenko
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Solo 401k Expert
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Solo 401k Expert
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
Replied May 30 2017, 17:13

Used incorp.com and would recommend them.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Ahlgrim
  • Investor
  • Sapulpa, OK
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Sapulpa, OK
Replied May 30 2017, 17:51

Can you not just do it yourself at your Secretary of States' website?

User Stats

Votes
Edward B.
  • Investor
  • Midlothian, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Midlothian, VA
Replied May 30 2017, 18:01

Do you already have a good Operating Agreement that you plan to use? If not, I would get a lawyer who understands what you want to accomplish with the LLC and can ensure that it does that. If you do have one, I would just go to the state's website and if that isn't an option then the cheapest site should be fine. It's the operating agreement that you pay for. Everything else is pretty straight forward.

User Stats

Votes
Chris K.
  • Attorney
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Nashville, TN
Replied May 31 2017, 16:10

@Christina L.

If you are planning to form a single-member LLC, you should be okay with using any of the services discussed above. I recall seeing a website that allowed you to create a single-member LLC that's tailored to holding real estate. I unfortunately cannot remember what the name of the website was. I also don't know if they offer that service in the state you wish to incorporate in.

In some states, lawyers and law firms own and handle the title insurance work for the property. If you are in that situation, you might be able to get the lawyer or the law firm there to help you form an LLC at a discount.

If you are going to have partners or other owners in the LLC, I would use an attorney. Too many issues to deal with there to not use one.

Disclaimer: While I’m an attorney licensed to practice in PA, I’m not your attorney. What I wrote above does not create an attorney/client relationship between us. I wrote the above for informational purposes. Do not rely on it as legal advice. Always consult with your attorney before you rely on the above information.

User Stats

Votes
Christina L.
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied May 31 2017, 17:59

@Chris K. Thanks for the detailed response. Very helpful information.