Looking for RE CPA for simple Tax Preparation

6 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I have a pretty simple and boring tax situation.
I have a W2 from one employer, as well as one preforming rental property that I've acquired earlier this year via a turnkey company (cash purchase).

I'm looking to find a CPA that could help me with this year's tax preparation.

Thanks,

Tomer

If you are looking for a local CPA, then you would want to ask around in your area for a referral to a local CPA. If you are willing to work remotely with a CPA, then there are several of us on here who could help you. You could try reaching out to the CPAs on here and see who you think would be a good fit for you.

Originally posted by @Lance Lvovsky :

If you are looking for a local CPA, then you would want to ask around in your area for a referral to a local CPA. If you are willing to work remotely with a CPA, then there are several of us on here who could help you. You could try reaching out to the CPAs on here and see who you think would be a good fit for you.

Hi Lance, thanks for the quick reply.

I suppose I should have added that I'm looking to work with the CPA remotely.

Hi Tomer,

There are a number of CPAs on BP that would be willing to work with you remotely (I am one, and I know of several others).  However, because of the relative simplicity of your tax return you may be overpaying (based on firm's minimum fees) for the amount of value that could be created for you.

Are you looking for planning advice?

@Brian Schmelzlen

Thanks for your reply, I was a little worried about the exact thing.

Since I don't have immediate plans for expansion, I won't have too much benefit from the added value of planning advise that a lot of CPA here seem to offer.

But I also would rather have a CPA with RE experience to do my simple tax prep, without having to spend a decant percentage of my yearly cashflow on it. Any tips?

@Yonah Weiss

Thanks for the referral, I'll try to get a quote tomorrow.

This post has been removed.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.