Commercial Registered Agent

1 Reply

I have been trying to register my LLC in the state of Indiana and have been rejected 3 times for missing forms already. On the last rejection it was because I needed to set up a commercial registered agent to accept legal documents on behalf of my company. 2 questions here.

1. If I am buying properties for all cash, do I still need to register? (I already bought 1 house all cash and had no problems closing)

2. What or who is the best register agent? How easy is it to get one and how much does it cost?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

@Caleb Clay "1. If I am buying properties for all cash, do I still need to register? (I already bought 1 house all cash and had no problems closing)"

If you're buying the properties through your LLC, generally the LLC needs to register as a foreign LLC in the state of Indiana and maintain a registered agent with a physical address in the state to receive legal correspondence on your behalf. Buying in cash doesn't matter.

"2. What or who is the best register agent? How easy is it to get one and how much does it cost?"

Depends on what you're looking for.  Price will vary.  Google "Indiana registered agents".  Some registered agents will create a web-based portal for you, scan in any mail they receive on your behalf, and send you an email to view it.  You may find value in that.