Last day to extend your tax returns.

3 Replies

Today is the deadline to file your individual tax return. If you have not already, there are three ways to get an extension:

  1. E-file extension for free e-file their extension form for free.
  2. By paying an estimate of their income tax due and indicate that the payment is for an extension using Direct Pay, the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS), or a credit or debit card. No need to file a separate extension from if you do this.
  3. By mailing a paper Form 4868 today.

An extension only grants you more time to FILE your return. You are still required to PAY your tax liability by today.

Originally posted by @Anthony Wick :

@Ashish Acharya

Extend?! We’re all real estate investors and are getting a nice return from those tax breaks!

Of course, but extending doesn’t mean you lose those breaks.

Also, not everyone situation is same as yours. Some of the investors wait on the other partnership or a S- Corp returns to be done before filing their returns. They got no choice but to extend.