Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation

User Stats

Votes
Tarik Hodzic
Votes |
Post purchase shadyness

Tarik Hodzic
Posted Jul 6 2019, 04:36

Hey all, I just bought my first investment property, a triplex. All of the numbers made sense and overall I'm happy with the purchase but there are some post purchase issues i am hoping to get some advice with. The triplex is currently occupied and before we closed, we agreed that the security deposits and prorated rent would be given to me at the time of the closing. We have a text from the seller's agent saying that's when I would get it. I thought that's what the sellers credit was so I never asked any questions at closing. But it looks like all of that was released to the seller by the management company before closing. Right now we are in an email thread where the settlement company asked the seller to write a check to my agent. That was like two weeks ago with no response from the seller. 

The other issue I have is on the description of the triplex, it says everything Jing is brand new and it specifically lists out the AC and furnace. Well I now learn the AC in two units hasn't worked since January. When you fire it up, you can hear it but no cool air comes through. I brought an AC guy to look at it and he says yeah the coil is new in only one of the units, the other two have bad coils and they need replaced. $3k+. So the seller lied about the new AC and furnace and have been ignoring the request by the tenants to get it fixed since January. I had a pretty pricey inspection pre-sale but he said AC is fine. 

Do I have any post closing options or am I out of luck? 

Loading replies...