Need referral for attorney in GA for 1031 exch and trust laws

3 Replies

Thanks for the shout out @Natalie Kolodij .  You're traveling a well worn migratory path @Mahesh Patel - straight down I-95!  You need to split up your 1031 from the trust.  The qualified intermediary for your 1031 has to be an unrelated party who only does the intermediary work on your 1031.  So the attorney who does your trusts is disqualified from performing the 1031.

The good news is that 1031 is a federal statute so it is practiced the same nationwide.  So any QI with a national footprint will be able to handle your exchange from MA to GA.