Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation

User Stats

Votes
Zach Lincoln
Votes |
Holding Entities Regarding my Own Situation

Zach Lincoln
Posted Oct 28 2019, 19:28

I have been reading multiple books on corporate structure I.E. "Incorporate and Grow Rich". I make 100k a year, live off of 40k and would like to invest 60k a year. I understand that I shouldn't hold rental properties directly underneath a C-Corp. However, I do not want my rental property business mixing with my own personal taxes. I was thinking of holding rental properties under LLC's and then have those LLC's be held under a C-Corp. Here is a list of my requirements:

A way to deposit 60k into the corporation tax-free or with no implications

Full Advantage of Business expenses and other forms of deductions. I do not need to give myself a dividend or distribution in any way or form. I am here to grow wealth and live off of my day job. Any luxury bought with said corporation will be justified through a form of business expense.

I would like tax returns separate from my own personal returns.

The ability to possibly raise money from investors in the future(optional)

Essentially have the potential to re-invest all profits tax-free by taking advantage of depreciation ect (I know that this is specific to the properties themselves and not the entity but I want to make sure that a law regarding these types of deduction does not come in the way because of the entity)

Exit strategy. At the end of the 15 years I would like to quit my day job and live off the business. This means that I will need to be able to pay myself through means such as salary or dividend without big tax implications. Big tax implications refer to any taxation around or above the 40% range.

In conclusion I know most people would say "slap that puppy under an llc and get cookin with fire" . However, I am aiming for the longterm and dreaming big so I want a corporate structure that is more complex and utilizes multiple entities for maximized protection and tax savings. A C-Corp with LLC's may and is probably not the best way to accomplish my goals, my main concern in that a C-Corp will fall under PHC Status. Can anyone inform me of the best way to accomplish my goals. It is greatly appreciated.

Loading replies...