• Realtor
  • Hickory, NC
Votes |
How to Use Your Joint Tenant Property Deed

Jeremy Toney
  • Realtor
  • Hickory, NC
Posted Aug 6 2020, 03:21

What can you do with, or how can you use a property deed that you jointly own with multiple people?

My grandmother, when she passed, God rest, left a piece of land for me, my father and sister. The land does have significant value in the terms of money. Sentimental value, close to none. Nevertheless, can and how could I use this situation in the idea of using my portion of the properties value? I don’t like the idea of causing unnecessary bad blood between family by force selling the property and having it divided up. The property isn’t ideal in the idea of location, it would attract lower class tenants, so the only option I feel like there would be to add used mobile homes to the property which is ideal, but.... financing the mobile homes might be problematic considering that this property is the only capital value I have currently, with the rest of nearly all of my under 10k personal savings tied in to stocks and cryptocurrencies.

Is there any way that I could use this situation to obtain financing or a loan for a primary residence, a REI opportunity, or other creative option? Are there other options or recommendations on what to do that I'm not thinking about?

Thanks everyone!

Loading replies...