• Brick, NJ
Votes |
What did I just witness?!

Jake Drappi
  • New to Real Estate
  • Brick, NJ
Posted Sep 20 2020, 12:38

Hello all,

Today, I went to see a duplex today, and what I witnessed was....horrible to say the least. The agent was a friend of the owners, so they had ample information about the property and the tenants. The family in the first unit were pleasant, and expressed that they’ve been in the unit for a long time and wished to stay. The downstairs family, on the other hand, was a disaster. The agent was honest before we walked in and told us that the tenant was being evicted prior to Covid, which was put on hold. The tenant has not paid rent in more than 7 months and won’t leave. When we walked in, the boyfriend was holding a large dog that was going nuts, I’m assuming to intimidate potential buyers. They had all the lights off and had blankets covering all of the bed rooms. The boyfriend was also stalking us and rushing us out of the unit, as if we weren’t supposed to be there. THEN THE GIRLFRIEND SHOWS UP, who is the one on the lease. She immediately cursed me and the agent off, and then got into her car back into her car, rolled down the window, and continued to yell at us as she sped out of the driving, kindly giving us the finger as she drove away. Apparently, the owner had to get attorneys involved just for this lady to let potential buyers into the unit, and then when we got there, she did everything possible to scare us away. He is selling the place because he had lost too much money on this property because of her, and is not sure if when he sells, if this lady will still be in the property or not, so I am very doubtful that he will be able to sell it. I am a rookie investor and have not had any of these experiences, but my question is how often do these situations happen and what steps have you taken to correct the issue?

Loading replies...