Seeking California CPA referrals

6 Replies

Hi.

I'm seeking referrals for an experienced California CPA (well versed on the CA tax laws, preferably residing in CA) that specializes in Real Estate and commonly works with real estate investors (I invest in CA and OH). 

Thanks in advance for your referrals! :-) 

Sandy,

I recommend finding an accountant who specializes in real estate taxation over one that is local. You may want to consider working with your accountant remotely to expand your options.

I would also recommend looking for a tax strategist who is willing to work with you throughout the year, not just when preparing your tax return. You want an accountant that can help you strategize and who is responsive when you want to know the tax consequences of the decisions you are making throughout the year.

You also want an accountant that has experience with multi-state tax returns. 

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

@Sandy Metivier

I know a handful of good CPAs in San Diego if you're willing to work remotely.

*This post does not create an attorney-client or CPA-client relationship.  The information contained in this post is not to be relied upon.  Readers are advised to seek professional advice.

@Sandy Metivier I've been blown away by the service and expertise of Igor Ferreria's Team in Visalia. (Romanazzi & Associates CPA) I live about 3 hours away but have no problem communicating via email/phone.  He's an experienced investor and a great CPA.  I actually met him from helping him refinance one of his apartment buildings. 

Thank you all! @Bill Hampton @Jo-Ann Lapin @Katie Lepore @Alex Bekeza @Michael Plaks

I appreciate those responses and referrals. But the list is now a bit overwhelming. Haha. 

Do you have any advice on what questions to ask a CPA to determine if they are good with CA real estate tax laws and strategy? I'm not sure how I would narrow down on who to go with.