Small claims court, PM in one state, property in another

1 Reply

Unfortunately I have a dispute with my property manager that likely will go to small claims court. I have two properties on the Illinois side of the quad cities, but my (now former) property manager is on the Iowa side.

My question is where do I file my case, where the properties are in IL, or where the PM is in IA?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

@Derreck Wells

I am very familiar with the lead disclosure that is required. I have just never heard of de-leading a property before. It is not a requirement where I own properties. I understand that different areas have different laws and requirements too.