Sale Tax and Use Tax on Rental Property

3 Replies

Hay Everyone!

I run into a little problem. I set up LLC in Virginia for my consulting business. I'm also using the LLC for my rental property which is In Maryland. And now I have to pay sale and use tax but don't really know in which state since the LLC is in VA and Property in MD. Any advice helps and is greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by @Mark Mayton :

Hay Everyone!

I run into a little problem. I set up LLC in Virginia for my consulting business. I'm also using the LLC for my rental property which is In Maryland. And now I have to pay sale and use tax but don't really know in which state since the LLC is in VA and Property in MD. Any advice helps and is greatly appreciated!

I am sure we are missing some context here. There are no normal sales and use taxes for the real property as other business transactions. 

When I log in to my Virginia Sales Tax account it's asking me to Include:

"Gross Sales and/or Rentals - Enter the total gross dollar amount for items sold during the period. This includes food sales, tangible personal property sold or leased during the period, and taxable services sold during the period. It includes sales for cash and sales on credit."