Mission First Capital is a 100% Veteran Owned real estate investment company. With a real estate portfolio valued at over $30,000,000 and growing rapidly, the Founders of Mission First Capital are committed to empowering their Veteran brothers and sisters financially, through commercial real estate.
The Executive Assistant (EA) provides direct administrative and project support to a successful and rapidly growing organization. Specifically, the Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is an integral part of the Mission First Capital team. The EA is a strategic partner who keeps the CEO and Operations team focused on organizational goals while ensuring effective coordination and communication. Timely task management, information-sharing, and prioritization are key in order to keep the organization running smoothly. The EA provides direct organizational support to the CEO in scheduling meetings, booking travel, drafting and editing documents and presentations, and contributing to special projects. The EA will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. This will be a highly impactful position and the candidate must also understand and create a variety of business reports utilizing several different software and web-based applications to help drive results. In addition to the needs of the business, the EA will also assist the CEO with personal matters involving organization, finance, and time management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Proactive Administrative Support to the CEO
- Serve as the key point of contact for the CEO. The gatekeeper.
- Manage the CEO’s day to day schedules in such a way that he is able to focus on high-value tasks and complete his obligations in an organized, efficient way.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings including but not limited to team meetings, investor relations, asset management, and meetings with vendors such as attorneys, banks, accountants, auditors, property managers, and construction managers.
- Plan and coordinate international and domestic travel itineraries, including flight arrangements, ground transportation, lodging, visas, meeting scheduling, and any other logistical needs.
- Respond to external requests for the CEO’s time at events, speaking engagements, podcasts, coaching, etc.
- Create and update PowerPoint presentations for internal and external use, draft and proofread emails and other internal and external communications.
- Facilitate the signing of documents on behalf of the CEO.
- Managing expense reports and property specific KPIs across the portfolio.
- Research and collate information, and make recommendations when needed, for the CEO in preparation for internal and external meetings.
- Maintain an annual calendar of key events and priorities for the CEO according to the company objectives at large.
- Other administrative and project duties as requested.
- Coordinate multiple projects with competing priorities to accelerate growth of the organization.
- Prepare memos, reports, spreadsheets and presentations, which may require the gathering of data from various internal and/or external sources.
- Create and maintain databases to store business information as necessary.
- Conduct external research as required.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
- Complete specific assignments that may require attendance at and documentation of meetings.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Use writing skills to compose detailed correspondence.
- Process mail, prepare FedEx Shipments, and take phone messages.
- Copying, scanning, and distributing documents as needed.
- Provide personal support in the form of maintaining a family calendar, and other miscellaneous personal support needs.
- Purchasing duties such as selecting vendors, negotiating contracts, and reviewing / processing invoices.
- Human Resources - assist in the coordination of new hires, references, onboarding, etc.
- LEAD WITH INTEGRITY.
- o Previous Assistant experience for a C-level executive and/or Personal Assistant experience.
- o Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ensuring communications are clear, thorough, and specific, with attention to follow-through.
- o Skillful execution of administrative activities, with high attention to detail, organization and process.
- o Adept at using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams, and willingness to learn and advance the use of other productivity and collaboration tools as part of the vision towards digital transformation.
- o Strong teamwork skills, and a confident ability to offer suggestions and improvements to process and work very collaboratively with others.
- o Proactive and tenacious troubleshooting skills.
- o Results-oriented and strong work ethic.
Mission First Capital is a rapidly growing company with ample opportunity for growth within the organization. Base compensation is as follows:
- 2 weeks paid vacation.
- 4 weeks work from home / work remote available.
- Negotiable benefits package.
Job Posting Details
- City: Chesapeake
- State: Virginia
- Remote position: no
- Company: Mission First Capital
- Skills: Office, Google Drive, various web apps
- Benefits: 2 weeks paid vacation, 4 weeks remote work
- Benefits: $60,000
- How to apply: Email [email protected]
- Full time