Jhenyn Aquino
Pro Member
Votes |
Loan officer in Kansas City area

Jhenyn Aquino
Pro Member
Posted Nov 14 2022, 22:22

Hello BP community, 

Looking to invest OOS in Kansas city but need recommendations for a loan officer to see how much I can afford. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Alex Olson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City Metro
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City Metro
Replied Nov 15 2022, 06:11
Quote from @Jhenyn Aquino:

Hello BP community, 

Looking to invest OOS in Kansas city but need recommendations for a loan officer to see how much I can afford. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Hey what asset class? What part of KC? What experience do you have? Answers to these questions will help drive the recommendation. 

Xchange CRE - 1031 Exchange RE Brokerage Logo

User Stats

Votes
River Sava#2 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
River Sava#2 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Nov 15 2022, 06:53

Hi Jhenyn- I would love to connect and help you out here! What type of property are you looking into?

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Mitch Lickey
  • Realtor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Nov 15 2022, 07:28

Hi Jhenyn - What type of loan are you interested in? I have contacts with several investor-friendly loan officers in the KC Metro, but knowing which route (conventional, creative, etc.) will help narrow down the recommendations. 

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Brown
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Replied Nov 15 2022, 07:33

Hello BP community, 

Happy to connect you and help! I focus with OOS clients 

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Denver, CO
Replied Nov 15 2022, 08:36

Hey Jnenyn,

I am an analyst at a real estate investment firm that has chosen Kansas City, MO as our primary market of investment. We have bought several hundreds of properties there for our company fund and clients so we have a good lending network there. 

I am happy to refer you to our go-to's.

I am also happy to talk about that market with you and which PMs we use, agents, contractors, etc...

The right guy saw this!

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Dustin Street
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Nov 15 2022, 09:23

Hello BP community, 

If you're doing investing then you want to look at hard money. I suggest Susan Aubin at Merchants Mortgage and Trust Group, here in KC.913-522-2650. She has the best rates out of the local lenders I have worked with. 

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Taylor
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Nov 15 2022, 16:21

@Jhenyn Aquino I am licensed in over 40 states for investment properties. Can you elaborate on what type of property you are looking for and how we can help? 

Investor Property Loan Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jhenyn Aquino
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 7 2022, 08:09
Quote from @Mitch Lickey:

Hi Jhenyn - What type of loan are you interested in? I have contacts with several investor-friendly loan officers in the KC Metro, but knowing which route (conventional, creative, etc.) will help narrow down the recommendations. 

Aloha Mitch, 

I recently spoke with another lender and he said i dont have enough capital to put down offers. With your experience, i was wonder if you have done any seller-finanance deals previously? I dont want to be limited to purchase my first rental property due to low capital. I appreciate any insight!

Thank you, 

Jhena Funtila

User Stats

Votes
Mitch Lickey
  • Realtor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Dec 7 2022, 08:54

Hello Jhenyn, 

I have done a few seller-finance deals recently. I am going to write up a seller-finance offer this afternoon for a client, so I'll let you know how it goes. lol. 

The big thing for me is educating sellers on the benefits of accepting a seller-finance offer. Most just want their money immediately and move on. But, if we can find seller's that don't need the capital for something else right away, it can certainly benefit both sides of the deal. It's not easy to do but it is possible. 

User Stats

Votes
Jhenyn Aquino
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 12 2022, 07:53

Hey @Mitch Lickey,

Yes, if an opportunity arise, i would love to shoot my shot! Is there any way i can help with finding a seller-finance deal on my end? 

User Stats

Votes
Jhenyn Aquino
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 12 2022, 07:56
Quote from @Caleb Brown:

Hello BP community, 

Happy to connect you and help! I focus with OOS clients 

Hi Caleb, 

Would there be another method instead of 20% down on SFH for an investment property? I dont have much capital to work with but i want to purchase my first rental property soon.

Thank you, 

Jhena