User Stats

Votes
Ethan Perkins
Votes |
Looking for Investor-friendly RE Agent in Lincoln, NE

Ethan Perkins
Posted Jan 11 2023, 15:57

Hello Everyone! 

I am looking for an investor-friendly agent in the Lincoln area. Long-term & short-term rental experience preferred. Any recommendations are appreciated. TIA!

Ethan Perkins

User Stats

Votes
Thuy An
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lincoln, NE
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lincoln, NE
Replied Jan 11 2023, 17:19
Quote from @Ethan Perkins:

Hello Everyone! 

I am looking for an investor-friendly agent in the Lincoln area. Long-term & short-term rental experience preferred. Any recommendations are appreciated. TIA!

Ethan Perkins

I am a realtor at Nebraska Realty. I am also a property manager at Performance Property Management.  Let me know if I can help with anything. 

User Stats

Votes
Sanat Bhandari
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Jan 11 2023, 18:12

@Ethan Perkins I second the reply above. @Thuy An is an excellent, investor-focused realtor in Lincoln 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Jan 13 2023, 05:22

@Ethan G.

An agent and a PMC should work together to find you great rental properties!

We don't recommend relying solely on an agent as they're out of the picture after the closing. Also, in our experience, 95+% of agents have no clue how to calculate ROI, Cash-on-Cash, Cap Rate, etc., so what are they really going to help an investor with?

No one has more "skin in the game" than a PMC as they have to deal with the property every day until an owner sells or fires them.

Also recommend finding your own Inspector and not one referred by an agent. You want an unbiased Inspector.

Then:

• Do a SWOT analysis of your resources
  • Write down your real estate goals
  • Pick an asset type: SFH, 2-4 units, 5+ units, or something else like MHP.
  • Pick an asset class: Class A, B, C & D properties, research pros & cons, pick one to focus on
  • Pick a real estate market that matches your resources & goals
  • Contact local agents & PMC’s to start sending you listings to analyze
  • Analyze a few deals weekly, get comfortable with the market and refine what you're looking for

User Stats

Votes
Megan Ahern
  • Lincoln, NE
Votes |
  • Lincoln, NE
Replied Jan 13 2023, 10:19

Hey Ethan

My husband and I are both realtors in Lincoln NE and have been investing in rentals and flipping full time here in Lincoln since 2018. Hit me up if we can help you out at all on your investing journey. Or even if you just want to grab coffee. [email protected]