User Stats

Votes
Robert Hasty
Votes |
Looking for new CPA

Robert Hasty
Posted Jan 15 2023, 19:50

Hello everyone

Sorta new here but have been reading many BP books, watching YT videos etc and learning all I can. I am 1,000% committed. 

Here's my short story and what I need. 

I have a w2, I currently use an excellent well experienced CPA and college professor as my tax guy. However, he didn't seem to want to pursue what I was asking him about last year and could well have been for good reasons. 

My goal is get our rental income included on our taxes so it can help qualify for future loans. He didn't seem like he wanted to get involved with depreciation etc. 

So I'm looking for a new tax professional to fuide me in the right direction this year and to see if my current situation with my w2 and rental income could or should be included this year to help me down the road. 

Residence is in the Pottsville P.a area but our home has been rented to family for the past few years while my wife and live and work from an RV. 

Thanks for any help.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 15 2023, 21:41

Following... Looking for a CPA who can open an LLC for me tomorrow, Monday the 16th. My number is 720-215-2377 can we schedule a meeting tomorrow morning before 9am MST

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 16 2023, 01:02

Hey, Im from Dallas, if you ever want to meet up and talk real estate, I am down! Also you definitely need a tax professional that deals with real estate because somebody that does like you found out will not know nor want to figure out and care about your situation. If you are looking for rental properties, there are more loans out there that will not use your taxes as a form of approval.   If you have rentals, then you should have very very little tax liability. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Linda Weygant
Pro Member
  • Investor and CPA
  • Arvada, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor and CPA
  • Arvada, CO
Replied Jan 16 2023, 05:45
Quote from @Robert Hasty:

Hello everyone

Sorta new here but have been reading many BP books, watching YT videos etc and learning all I can. I am 1,000% committed. 

Here's my short story and what I need. 

I have a w2, I currently use an excellent well experienced CPA and college professor as my tax guy. However, he didn't seem to want to pursue what I was asking him about last year and could well have been for good reasons. 

My goal is get our rental income included on our taxes so it can help qualify for future loans. He didn't seem like he wanted to get involved with depreciation etc. 

So I'm looking for a new tax professional to fuide me in the right direction this year and to see if my current situation with my w2 and rental income could or should be included this year to help me down the road. 

Residence is in the Pottsville P.a area but our home has been rented to family for the past few years while my wife and live and work from an RV. 

Thanks for any help.

There are several tax professionals here on Bigger Pockets who are very well regarded.  Take a look through your search results, schedule some introductory meetings and see which one is a good match for you.

You'll want one that is very knowledgeable in your specific area of investment, so ask specific questions about that.

Best of luck to you!

User Stats

Votes
Curt Riffel
  • Accountant
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Accountant
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jan 19 2023, 07:39

@Mitch Lukes were you able to find someone to create an LLC? Most of the time you will need an attorney to set up a new LLC and create formation documents with the state.