Votes
Rob Anteau
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Cleaners for Short Term Rentals

Rob Anteau
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted Jan 17 2023, 04:34

Hello - in February, I will have a short term rental running in Toledo, OH. I'm looking for cleaners in the area. 

User Stats

Votes
January Johnson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Emerald Coast, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Emerald Coast, FL
Replied Jan 17 2023, 09:07

If your area has nextdoor.com, look there. This is a place where local people recommend local people - there are probably already lots of good recommendations on there, so check it out.

My advice is to have TWO cleaners in rotation at all times. One of them will invariably quit, no-show, or "go crazy", so you need a backup cleaner who has been to your place and can sub in at a moment's notice. And when the first one quits/leaves/gets fired, get another one so you still have 2 to rely on. (9 years of STR self-management experience talking here!)

User Stats

Votes
David Jennings
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
Replied Feb 12 2023, 16:16
Quote from @January Johnson:

If your area has nextdoor.com, look there. This is a place where local people recommend local people - there are probably already lots of good recommendations on there, so check it out.

My advice is to have TWO cleaners in rotation at all times. One of them will invariably quit, no-show, or "go crazy", so you need a backup cleaner who has been to your place and can sub in at a moment's notice. And when the first one quits/leaves/gets fired, get another one so you still have 2 to rely on. (9 years of STR self-management experience talking here!)

How do you maintain two? my cleaner has my ical so any booking they can see already how do you have them not step on eachother toes?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
January Johnson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Emerald Coast, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Emerald Coast, FL
Replied Feb 13 2023, 03:54
Quote from @David Jennings:
Quote from @January Johnson:

How do you maintain two? my cleaner has my ical so any booking they can see already how do you have them not step on eachother toes?

I communicate some bookings to one and the others to the 2nd cleaner.  I don't share my booking calendar with anyone directly.