• Wholesaler
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Any lenders that use STR income?

Jason T.
  • Wholesaler
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted Jan 22 2023, 07:13

Hi! I am looking to do a 1031 exchange and trying to find a lender that will do a purchase loan at 80% LTV and also use the actual or projected STR income for the DSCR. Any lenders out there that can do this in Georgia and/or North Carolina? Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Jon Puente
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jan 22 2023, 07:53

Hey Jason, 

I believe there are lenders out there that will use STR income to qualify, however it's very far and few between given how new and "risky" it can be in a banks eyes. However, I reached out to a few people and will try to see if I can find one! Please keep me updated with your search as well, because I am curious about this.

User Stats

Votes
Robin Simon#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 22 2023, 08:17
Quote from @Jason T.:

Hi! I am looking to do a 1031 exchange and trying to find a lender that will do a purchase loan at 80% LTV and also use the actual or projected STR income for the DSCR. Any lenders out there that can do this in Georgia and/or North Carolina? Thanks!

Yes - there are very few that will do so, but still available! Check out BiggerPocket's page of featured STR Lenders!: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
John Mausteller
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Outer Banks, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Outer Banks, NC
Replied Jan 22 2023, 08:35

Hey Jason - there are certainly a number of lenders out there that do DSCR loans and will use rental income for you to qualify. Bigger Pockets does have a few they recommend but there are a number of them out there. You could also try looking into The ONE Brokerage and they have a number of connections for a variety of loan types.

User Stats

Votes
Sanat Bhandari
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Jan 22 2023, 09:11

@Jason T. The only ones as far as I am aware are Easy Street Capital (@Robin Simon and @Jack Tulloch

I'm working on a similar deal with them right now and they're quick and easy to work with

User Stats

Votes
Devin Peterson
  • Lender
Votes |
  • Lender
Replied Jan 22 2023, 10:57
Quote from @Jason T.:

Hi Jason, I am working with a few STR investors. Here is what I have seen most of the time: As far as using the STR income, most wholesale DSCR lenders want to see that you have at least a one year history of being a STR investor(strong cash reserves can do away with this) and they will not use STR figures in more rural areas. But, Yes you can!

User Stats

Votes
Josh Green
Property Manager
  • Realtor
  • Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater, FL
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Realtor
  • Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater, FL
Replied Jan 22 2023, 14:19

@Jason T.

@Nick Velez does!

User Stats

Votes
Lyndsay Zwirlein
  • Lender
Votes |
  • Lender
Replied Jan 22 2023, 15:38
Quote from @Jason T.:

Yes! We have several programs that can do this. Are you an experienced investor? 

User Stats

Votes
Erik Estrada
Lender
  • Lender
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
Replied Jan 22 2023, 16:51
Quote from @Jason T.:

Yes this is possible. They will use AIrDNA to calculate expected rents. It may be harder to find someone that can do 80% (few lenders that can). Happy to connect 

Fuente Funding Inc.  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Harold Sebesta
Pro Member
  • Marlboro, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Marlboro, NY
Replied Jan 22 2023, 17:41

I have a loan product that uses AirDNA if no rent data exists. Message me if you want to learn more details.

User Stats

Votes
Jason Taken
Lender
  • Attorney
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Lender
  • Attorney
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Jan 22 2023, 19:21
Quote from @Jason T.:

Yup, using actual income annualized over 12 months (even if you only have 6) is definitely doable.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 22 2023, 21:31

Lenders will do DSCR on STR but not a 80%.

User Stats

Votes
Napoleon DeCiutiis
  • Real Estate Agent
  • The Short Term Shop / Florida Emerald and Forgotten Coasts
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • The Short Term Shop / Florida Emerald and Forgotten Coasts
Replied Jan 23 2023, 04:50
Quote from @Jason T.:

Jason,  hit up @Tyler Solomon- he specializes in DSCRs and can 100% answer your question.

User Stats

Votes
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 23 2023, 05:52
Quote from @Eliott Elias:

Lenders will do DSCR on STR but not a 80%.

We are still at 80% on STRs

User Stats

Votes
Mark Munson
Lender
  • Lender
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Jan 23 2023, 06:59

Most STR lenders can get to 80% on purchases still. If you don't have existing statements (at least 3 months), some lenders will use AirDNA or other projections. Alternatively, if you have an existing STR in the same area, they can use those figures for the new purchases. And lastly, if you don't have statements nor an existing STR in the area, they can use figures from a Property Management company in the area with a similar STR. Feel free to reach out if you need guidance or some recommendations, best of luck!

User Stats

Votes
Stacey Anderson
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 23 2023, 08:26

If there are STR comps to go off of, I have a correspondent channel that I can do them through. I'm in Texas, but we're licensed in multiple states.

https://www.wbm.com/loan-offic...

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Jan 26 2023, 03:45

Many DSR lenders will accept projected rental income based upon area rents.