Votes
Melissa Casaretto
  • Parker, CO
Votes |
Investors or Buyers interested in the Rio Grande Valley area

Melissa Casaretto
  • Parker, CO
Posted Jan 29 2023, 08:00

Hello!  Long time listener, first time poster.  I'm trying to help my in-laws find interested investors or buyers in the Rio Grande Valley area (South Texas) that might be interested in purchasing their 11-acre property.  They have a home on 2 acres with more acreage behind them plus a separate shop building.  They have listed it several times with local Realtors but struggle to find interested buyers.  I should also mention they have a price in mind and from the numbers I've run (I'm very green and still learning how to properly run numbers) I think they may need to reconsider how much they should sell for. If there are any interested investors, please message me.  Thank you!  

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Ryan
  • Mcallen, TX
Votes |
  • Mcallen, TX
Replied Jan 31 2023, 05:22

Hello @Melissa Casaretto. MLS usually gets the highest price for a property and if they haven't been able to sell, then the price is too high. Investors want a deal. Your in-laws need to factor holding costs into their price. How soon do they want to sell? Are they motivated? If they are not motivated then yes they may be set on a price. Maybe offer owner financing or other incentives.

User Stats

Votes
Martin Herrera Jr
  • Wholesaler
  • Weslaco TX
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Weslaco TX
Replied Feb 6 2023, 09:17

Hey Melissa, I got several investors here in the valley. Can you send me more details of the property so I can run some numbers and see if they can help your in laws. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes