• Hollywood, Fl
Votes |
Looking for construction loan

Ivan Itzkowitz
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Hollywood, Fl
Posted Feb 2 2023, 17:36

I am currently working on building a tiny home community for short term rentals I am securing the land looking for the build 10 lots .34 acer each zoned for r3 multi family going to put container homes looking for construction loans or when the build is done for refinance for mortgage. 

Let me know if anyone is interested possible 5 to 10 builds. 

build is in Sebring, Florida 

thank you for your time, I don't own the rights of this picture it is for illustration purposes something similar is what I am trying to create

Ivan 

User Stats

Votes
James Roberts
Pro Member
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied Feb 2 2023, 19:57

Hello Ivan.  Are you looking specifically for the construction loan to fund the container home build?  I have been building container homes professionally since 2006, and sorry to tell you, but I have yet to see any client achieve any bank lending on a container build.  Unless the loan was pulled from equity of an existing home.

Who is building the container homes?

FYI, and may know this, but your image does not qualify as a "tiny home".  The containers are 1280sf + the ground floor which looks to be another 640sf.  

I moved from Miami to Sacramento and recently bought a house in Gainsville to remodel for my ex-wife and daughter.  My company, TAYNR, does steel frame engineering for a home builder in the Naples area.  The material is produced in Jacksonville.  I am thinking about coming back to Florida.

I have years of container build experience and could help with development.  Feel free to reach out.

James-

TAYNR Logo

User Stats

Votes
Ivan Itzkowitz
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Hollywood, Fl
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Hollywood, Fl
Replied Feb 2 2023, 20:45

this would be great to have five minutes of your time. I am in the process of a Heloc loan that should be able to fund the land and the home. The place where I am planning is in Sebring Florida I spoke with the zoning she said its a minimum of 750 sq. ft. I am looking to build ultra modern with pool 2bed 1 bath 3 containers 9 x 40 I cant go wide because my lots are 50x300. if successful I am building 4 for my self 2 for a fellow veteran and 4 for fellow investor/ GC builder. 

My big question is it possible to get a construction loan or if I fund it when its finish can I refinance it to a 30 year mortgage?  and Thanks again for reaching out really appreciate it

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes