Classifieds

User Stats

Votes
Adam Francis
Votes |
Potentially Interior Design?

Adam Francis
Posted Feb 3 2023, 04:21

Preparing to purchase an older commercial building that has some tenants currently. The building has been modified several times since it was built in 50’s and I need someone to help me determine the most efficient layout.

Am I looking for an interior designer, an architect, or someone else?

User Stats

Votes
Scott E.
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Feb 3 2023, 07:16

You are going to need an interior designer, an architect, and engineers.

First you should talk with a commercial broker who places tenants in that area and see what they think will be the best offering in that building.

I was trying to rent a 7,000 square foot office building last year and was having a hard time finding tenants. My broker recommended I hire an architect to draw up plans proposing we break the building up into 2 units, and another option where we broke it up into 4 units. It cost a few thousand bucks for the plans but then we were able to market the property as 1, 2, or 4 unit prior to starting any construction (oddly enough, we ended up finding a tenant who wanted the entire space for themself)

User Stats

Votes
Adam Francis
Votes |
Replied Feb 3 2023, 07:48

Thanks Scott! That’s very helpful.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes