Skip to content
Classifieds

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Wiggins
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
Looking for a STR Co-Host in the Colorado Springs Area (Near Airport)

Patrick Wiggins
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted Jan 30 2024, 09:47

Hi All, 

I'm preparing to move to another state for a short time (work-related relocation) and I was hoping to find someone who would list, clean, etc. I know on AirBnB they have the co-host option, but I would like to get into the VRBO, furnished finders, and other websites. I STR'd a portion of my property back in 2021-22, however, this would be a whole home listing now, in a good location. Im looking to get this listed in the APR/MAY time frame.

This is my first post on the site, If I'm missing any key details, please let me know. 

Pat

User Stats

Votes
James Carlson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denver CO | Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Denver CO | Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Jan 30 2024, 13:53

@Patrick Wiggins

Welcome to the forums. A few thoughts:

-- Colorado Springs only allows non-owner occupied short-term rentals if they're A) zoned R2 or other multi-unit zoning and B) they're also 500' away from another non-owner occupied STR. There are only a few pockets near the airport that have type of zoning.

-- How long are you gone for? If you're only gone temporarily for a few months, then the hassle of a short-term rental -- even if you did qualify for one, which is unlikely -- isn't worth whatever extra money you'd get.

-- Depending on what you say to the top question, I'd opt for a medium-term rental. We have midterm rentals in Denver and Colorado Springs. If they're furnished well and photographed well, they perform well. And I think the kicker is that with MTRs, you can easily manage yourself. No need to give away some of your revenues to a manager.

Furnished Finder is okay, but the last few years, all of our tenants have come through Airbnb (and maybe one through Zillow Rental Manager). 

I'd shoot for listing it 1.5-2 months prior to your departure. Those are my thoughts. Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Brian Bohrer
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Jan 30 2024, 14:51

Hello @Patrick Wiggins,

James has covered most sticking points regarding your desire to Mid-Term or Short-Term rent your home.  You will definitely have to weigh your options.  I am curious, how long will you be relocating for the job?  Also, will this be a fully furnished home?  

I ask, because I run a Professional Landlord business and may be interested in renting your home with the intention of sub-leasing it to Mid-Term or Long Term tenants (depending on your timeframe).  It sounds like you do not plan on managing the rental yourself and I would love to speak with you about some options I may be able to provide for you.  Feel free to reach out if you are interested and we can discuss further! :)   

Wishing you the best in your new adventure!

Take Care,

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Wiggins
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Jan 31 2024, 08:48

Thanks for the replies James and Brian. 

I'd be open to doing MTR rentals, but would need to school myself up a bit. A couple of colleagues of mine rented on Furnished Finders and have mixed reviews from them both. I am unsure how long this relocation will be, or when I will be back. Just the nature of my job puts me in a position where I have to relocate on short notice. I will do some research and contact you two via DM. Thanks again. 

Pat