Votes |
Atlanta Tax Seminar - Navigating New Regulations

J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorPosted Jun 3 2014, 11:50

Hey folks,

I'm posting this information on behalf of my Tax Advisor/CPA in Atlanta. At our last tax planning meeting, he spent a good bit of time walking me through some of the changes in tax regulation that will impact investors this year, and it seriously wanted to make me cringe. When he told me that he was doing a seminar on the topic, I offered to post it here for others who may be interested.

Everything below is directly from him...

------------------------------------------------------------

What if I told you that there was a MAJOR change to the tax code that affects every business that holds capital assets? What if I told you that this change can increase the average real estate investor’s TAXABLE INCOME by $5,000, $10,000 even $20,000 or MORE EACH YEAR?

In September of last year the IRS issued Final Repair Regulations that took effect on 1/1/14. These regulations basically force us to depreciate virtually ALL repair and maintenance costs over as long as 27-39 YEARS! Fortunately, the IRS did leave us some ways to protect small businesses from the impact of these changes. But you have to know what you can do and how to do it!

On July 11, 2014 at 9 AM, Investor's Accounting, LLC will present a very special seminar: The Investor's Guide to Navigating the New Repair and Maintenance Regulations. In this information packed session we will cover:

1. How the repair regulations as imposed by the IRS came to be, what they cover and the potential impact to even the smallest of investor’s.
  2. Using cost segregation to divide your large assets into systems for quicker recovery periods.
  3. Exceptions to the regulations that preserve your deductions
  4. Learn about the newly authorized “partial disposition rules” and how they can increase your current deductions.
  5. What you can do now to start making the regulations work for you instead of against you.
  6. And…a whole lot more!

The investment is only $59.99 per person (39.99 until 6/20) and includes breakfast. Hurry, space is limited and on a first come first served basis. Sorry, no tickets will be sold at the door.

What: The Investor’s Guide to Navigating the New Repair and Maintenance Regulations

When: 9 AM, Thursday July 10, 2014

Where: The 1818 Club, 6500 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Third Floor, Duluth, GA 30097

Cost: $59.99 (includes breakfast buffet), register by 6/20 and receive a $20.00 discount!

To register, go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-investors-guide-to-navigating-the-new-repair-and-maintenance-regulations-tickets-11807278889