Skip to content
Classifieds

User Stats

Votes
Kaleb Coberly
  • Virtual Assistant
  • Tacoma, WA
Votes |
Dynamic position with a unique opportunity, Tacoma, WA: work for real estate investors to help bring their businesses to the next level.

Kaleb Coberly
  • Virtual Assistant
  • Tacoma, WA
Posted Jul 29 2015, 08:44

Hi, I need to replace myself. I've been working for some friends and colleagues, and now I'm on my way out of the country. We need someone awesome in the Tacoma area who is ready to get stuff done.

This is the perfect opportunity for a stand-up individual looking to get started or to continue working in real estate. You will learn the ins and outs while you expand your network and earn cash.

Two landlords need a general assistant in Tacoma, to help carry the load while the landlords work on their other projects in Seattle. Duties include general assistance with property management and maintenance, new acquisitions, and miscellaneous tasks.

The position is part-time most of the time, but it includes the possible opportunity to work full time for a general contractor on remodels, acquisitions and new builds.

The qualified candidate must be able and/or willing to do all sorts of tasks, from writing ad copy to screening applicants, from doing minor repairs to assessing and outsourcing repairs. You will need unusual attention to detail as you will be tracking labor and expenses on several projects, following and communicating detailed instructions etc.

Requirements and qualifications:

-Basic handyman skills and/or aptitude.

-Basic computer skills (docs, spreadsheets, Google, Dropbox etc.).

-Clear written and oral communication.

-Must have your own vehicle and insurance.

-Must have, or be willing to accumulate, your own basic tools. (Computer, smartphone, hammer, drill, skillsaw, wrench, etc. But, we have some hand tools and stuff you can use in the meantime.)

-Clean criminal record.

-A four-year degree is preferred, but not required.

Above and beyond all that, you need to have a high quality of character. You need to be honest and tactful, tenacious and patient, reliable and flexible, critical and positive, kind and assertive, a self-starter and open to direction, shrewd and have integrity, have high standards and a gracious perspective, and of course, easy to laugh and maybe just a little weird ... and professional. You get the idea. We expect someone with these characteristics, because that is who we are, and that is who we need in our network.

If you fit this description and are excited about real estate investment, this is such an amazing and unique opportunity! You will have the privilege to learn from experienced investors, contractors and other real estate professionals. And, you will undoubtedly learn along with us, as each new project has new lessons and challenges, and because we are the type of people who continue to learn and improve.

To apply, message me with a resume, three references and a head shot. Also, because this position is pretty dynamic, subject to our needs, resources and circumstances as well as yours, we would like you to pitch us your vision for your role. (Hint: that would probably start with some questions you have for us in your first contact, before making your pitch.)

Offering