• Southport, CT
Votes |
New book on real estate investment analysis

Frank Gallinelli
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Southport, CT
Posted Sep 16 2008, 04:21

For those of you who want to learn how to crunch the numbers, my latest book on r.e. investment analysis has just been released. "Mastering Real Estate Investment" is available on Amazon (ISBN# 0981813801)
http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Real-Estate-Investment-Examples/dp/0981813801/
and also at https://www.createspace.com/3347801

In addition to problem-and-answer examples of the 37 metrics I discussed in my earlier book, I also present four detailed case studies: Single-family house as a rental property, renovation project, apartment building and strip center.

Below is the marketing blurb for the book:

By the author of the bestselling guide, "What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know about Cash Flow... " (McGraw-Hill, 2004)

Develop a command of the essential formulas and concepts that underlie income-property investing:

* Capitalization Rate
* Net Operating Income
* Present Value
* Debt Coverage Ratio
* Internal Rate of Return and much more

Here Gallinelli revisits the 37 key metrics from his "Cash Flow" book and guides you through examples that will lead you to mastery of those concepts. He then takes you beyond those formulas to the next level, with detailed case studies of four different properties:

* Single-Family Rental
* Renovation Project
* Apartment Building
* Strip Shopping Center

You'll analyze these properties with him and learn to look behind the numbers, to think like a successful investor and to recognize both the opportunities and the perils you might encounter when you invest in real estate.

About the author:
Frank Gallinelli is the founder and President of RealData, Inc., one of the real estate industry's leading software firms since 1982. He has written several books and numerous articles on real estate investing, and teaches income-property analysis in Columbia University's Master of Science in Real Estate Development program.