Skip to content
Classifieds

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Ryu
  • Investor
  • Suwanee, GA
Votes |
Seoul REI Meetup Seeks Intern (Korean / English)

Daniel Ryu
  • Investor
  • Suwanee, GA
Posted Sep 24 2015, 07:23

The Seoul Real Estate Investing Meetup - the largest real estate investing meetup in Korea on Meetup.com with over 300 members, is currently seeking an intern to help us do more outreach to our Korean speaking membership. In the past, we've had BiggerPockets members such as @Brandon Turner, @Joshua Dorkin, @Ali Boone, @Engelo Rumora, @Matt Faircloth, @Chris Clothier, @Mark Shaffar attend our meetup as virtual guests (click on their names to see a video of their

What is an intern?

An intern is someone who will help the Meetup operates and runs smoothly. The emphasis will be on helping us connect better with our Korean-speaking members, invited Korean guests, and other Korea - based businesses. Although we are based in Korea, the intern can work virtually from anywhere.

A typical week for an intern might include: 0-5 hours / week (average around 2)

* Meeting with Co-Organizers virtually

* Helping to plan out the week

* Various contacting / networking / writing duties

Why should you be interested?

1. Being an intern will give you a great opportunity to be a connector. You will help connect our Korean speaking members with worldwide opportunities. There's much value in being a connector.

2. If you don't have a money or experience, this could be a tremendous way to get involved in real estate.

Imagine this - you want to invest in your first real estate deal. Only.. you have no money, no experience, and no networks. Should you give up?

If I had thought that way in 2014, I would have never started my adventure into Real Estate. A little more than a year later, I can say this has been one of the greatest experiences of my life.

In a little less than a year, I've been able to:

• Help organize and grow this meetup to over 300 members
  • I've partnered with a Top 100 Mobile Home Park Owners to build out an online business
  • Helped underwrite a $6m condo deal and was offered a chance to FLY TO AUSTIN, TEXAS to help do the due diligence on the deal
  • Met with experienced investors, including a former fund manager who purchased over $2billion in distressed real estate assets and a Memphis investor who helps manage over $300m in real estate assets
  • Been asked to appear twice on the Marketing in Korea podcast (over 10,000 listeners) - check out my latest appearance where I talk about Success Mindset necessary to be an Entrepreneur and Networking Secrets.
While I'm proud of these accomplishments, I'm not trying to brag and I'm sure others have accomplished much more. I mention these things because I was able to accomplish all of this WITHOUT SPENDING A DIME on real estate.

1. YOU DON'T HAVE TO INVEST MONEY TO BE INVOLVED IN REAL ESTATE.

2. YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A MENTOR TO GET STARTED.

3. AND YOU DON'T NEED ANY EXPERIENCE TO START YOUR JOURNEY.

Now, just to be clear - I did invest some money in Jacksonville, Florida with some partners. But all my other accomplishments didn't cost a cent.

Without money, experience and connections, you can still achieve your real estate dreams as long as you are willing to:

1. Commit Time - I spent time learning, meeting others, writing, and doing things for free, in order to achieve many of the above. The way I saw it - I wasn't 'working for free' - I was investing time and effort in myself.

2. Stay Focused and Motivated - You need the right mindset in order to build something from nothing. If you're experiencing some self doubt, then I encourage you to listen to the podcast interview above to hear about some of the strategies that helped me overcome my fears.

3. Find the Right People - Contrary to popular belief, networking is not about passing out as many cards as you possibly can and being the 'most interesting person in the room.' Networking is a search to find people you connect with.

As an intern, you will work alongside me and the other organizers to learn all about the great many opportunities that exist for those involved in Seoul REI Meetup.

* You'll learn about how being a connector can actually earn you money - Listen to past Seoul REI Virtual Speaker Ali Boone talk about investing. Ali actually makes money by helping to educate investors and enjoys 'designing' her lifestyle which includes teaching others how to fly!

* You'll learn practical skills such as how to create an email campaign, put together your own website and marketing materials, and how to use technology to build systems.

* You'll gain a better understanding of how to invest in real estate

* You'll gain access to all types of investors who want to connect with the Korean market and need YOU to help them (check out our forums!)

* And of course, especially if you're living in Korea, you'll gain a lot of practical experience using English related to business and real estate which will help in any job search.

Usually this type of experience and knowledge comes at a price - you have to pay someone to coach you!

But we are offering all of this to the right person - no string attached. You don't have to pay for anything or buy anything.

You just have to have the right mindset. The ability to look into the future and see your future self - smiling, confident, successful real estate investor who's helping people in Korea learn about real estate opportunities all over the world. You are, in other words, a TRUE INTERNATIONAL REAL ESTATE INVESTOR.

If that sounds like the kind of future that might interest you, then apply today! Include:

• YOUR NAME
  • YOUR CURRENT JOB / SCHOOL (IF ANY)
  • YOUR REAL ESTATE EXPERIENCE (IF ANY. NONE IS REQUIRED.)
  • WHY YOU'D LIKE TO BE THE SEOUL REAL ESTATE INVESTING MEETUP'S INTERN
  • ONE ROLE MODEL YOU HAVE, IF ANY

We accept all nationalities and all age groups. EMAIL ME BY THIS SUNDAY - Sept 27. (If you need more time, email me and ask for an extension. It's not a problem. I just want to know that you are seriously considering the position.) We will conduct interviews where we can discuss your answers in more details. We need a paragraph or two at the most.

This is not a PAID POSITION.

Dan Ryu

Co-Organizer,

Seoul Real Estate Investing Meetup

http://www.seoulreimeetup.com/

Email: [email protected]

Offering

Loading replies...