Votes |
10 Million Views of the BiggerPockets Marketplace

Dave Meyer
Pro Member
  • VP Data & Analytics at BiggerPockets
  • Amsterdam, NL
Posted Mar 4 2016, 11:38

Hello BiggerPockets!

As the newest member of the BiggerPockets team, a real estate investor, and data enthusiast, I’ve been spending a lot of time pouring over information about how our members use BiggerPockets. The following was pretty eye opening and speaks to the value of the marketing opportunity available on our site:

Posts on the BiggerPockets Marketplace were viewed over 10 MILLION TIMES in the last year.

Crazy.

And not just that – the average visitor views 12 pages in the Marketplace per visit.

We get a lot of traffic and engagement at BP, but this really stood out, and I want members to know what a great asset the Marketplace can be as you grow your business.

If you’re not familiar with the Marketplace, it is where you can share and search for investment opportunities, deals, and properties, post and look for jobs, and offer any other services to help BiggerPockets member grow their real estate businesses. It’s the transactional side of BiggerPockets.

I use it all the time to look for new buy and hold deals and contractors around Denver, but there are limitless ways to use it. So go check it out!

I look forward to seeing you in the Marketplace, and as always, please let us know if you have any questions. See below for a couple tips on posting in the marketplace. 

Tips for Posting in the Marketplace:

By the way, here are some tips for getting better results from your marketplace postings:

1. If you are posting a property, provide details! Photos, location, PRICE, and other pertinent information that any prospective homebuyer would obviously want in a listing should be included.
  2. Do NOT poach other people’s marketplace posts. Their marketplace post is not the correct place to start talking about YOUR property, offer, listing, or financing solution

Fill up your post with keywords! If you are posting in Denver, make sure to include keywords like “Denver” “CO” “Colorado” and perhaps even specific neighborhoods that the property is in and that surround the property.

Loading replies...