• West Hartford, CT
Votes |
Broker & Business Leader

Jason Kushner
  • Real Estate Investor
  • West Hartford, CT
Posted Feb 16 2017, 13:47

Dear BiggerPockets Members,

My name is Jason Kushner and I am excited to share with you an opportunity that I consider to be unique and life changing for the right candidate. This is not your standard job description because this is not your standard job and thus will be rather lengthy.

First, I would like to share a little about my story. I have talked in some detail in past blog posts on BP, but here it is again. I graduated UConn Business School with a degree in Finance and Real Estate in 2013. While I knew my passion was in Real Estate, my 22 Year old self thought it best I launch into the Corporate Finance world with a short term goal of getting exposure to Acquisition work. I joined United Technologies Financial Leadership Program, a 2-year program giving Associates 4 different jobs in different functions of Finance. I had great exposure and experiences and was fortunate enough to get a job after program graduation working on the Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions Team. This is a 12-person group supporting the CEO and Board of Directors responsible for Acquisitions, Divestitures, and shaping company strategy. While I can truly say there was no job in a 220,000+ person company I would rather have for my age, I knew it was time to pursue an opportunity in Real Estate that fast-tracked me to having the skillset and knowledge to run my own Real Estate Development company. I was extremely picky about the opportunity and had very specific criteria; boutique firm with both Brokerage, Management, and Development capabilities, as well as directly working for/with the Principal of the company in a capacity that fostered mentorship. I wanted the proverbial firehose loaded and ready to drink from! After about a year of patience, 100's of emails and interactions, and unrelenting will, I uncovered a golden opportunity.

The golden opportunity was with a boutique Real Estate company out of Rocky Hill, CT called Commercial Services Realty or CSR for short. CSR is uniquely positioned due to the vast experience from its Principal Peter D’Addeo. With over 40 years of experience between Real Estate and Construction, Peter has built a huge set of well-respected capabilities for our firm including Brokerage, Management, Development, Construction, and Consulting. Among pages of accomplishments, Peter served as the Connecticut CCIM Chapter president in 1993, which demonstrates how deeply ingrained he is in Commercial Real Estate. Peter has developed a skill set in the Commercial Development world that is extremely well respected and took a leap of faith bringing me aboard as a Manager. One of my biggest responsibilities as a Manager is the growth of our Brokerage business. I am currently instituting a comprehensive software suite into our Brokerage business. Peter’s development success has only risen throughout recent years and being a smaller firm, his focus slowly shifted away from Brokerage and onto Development deals. While CSR has continued its success story, we really were not utilizing our strong reputation and capabilities to maximize profits from the Brokerage business, simply because there was no one mainly focused on the Brokerage business and talent development. Also, I have the amazing opportunity to work alongside Peter on Development deals, traveling to meetings and receiving mentorship along the way. After less than 3 months of knowing Peter, I can already see an immense amount of learnings and know that this opportunity will accelerate me into a position where I can have my own successful Real Estate Company within the next 5 years.

So now for the opportunity. The opportunity is that I want to find a couple passionate, self-driven individuals to join CSR as brokers. This is a commission-based opportunity, but this goes way beyond simply brokering Real Estate transactions. You will have the opportunity to get involved in all capabilities of our business; Brokerage, Management, Development, Construction, and Consulting. On top of this, you will join me in shaping the collaborative, innovative culture and shaping the future of our company. I do not want to hire someone who wants to work as a broker their entire career or wants to show up everyday at 9 and leave when the clock strikes 5. In fact, I want someone who has made the commitment to pursuing their passion of Real Estate and has intentions of starting their own Real Estate Company in the next 4-6 years. For those who know me and those who don’t I live by 2 personal sayings. “Nothing great comes without unrelenting will and drive” and “Dreams are only dreams unless you take steps to make them a reality.” For me success is NOT an option, it is THE ONLY option. If you see what I have described in the same light I would love to discuss the possibility of working together. Thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy post and I wish you the best with all your Real Estate endeavors. My email is [email protected]

Looking for