Universal Property Management is a company based in the Syracuse, NY area. We have been maintaining hundreds of properties for clients all over NY State since 2007. For 2017 we scaled back and focused a little more on our construction side of things. I was looking to expand our crews and train a few new crew leads so I would be more able to focus on my other activities like investing without sacrificing the quality of our construction side.
Apart from the offerings below, we are now offering all new clients 25% off all major repairs. This does not mean we first inflate our pricing. We are providing these discounts direct to you. Our pricing for you will be the exact same for our residential clients minus 25%. This is huge for any potential clients. That means your $10,000 un-expected roof replacement is only going to cost you $7,500. At the bottom of this post I will put our most commonly estimated items and their non-discounted prices.
WHY USE UNIVERSAL?
- All repairs are handled by in-house construction crews.
- Our Content Management System - Track work orders, submit requests, request photo updates, view all information regarding tenants, lease dates, rent price, on-time or late rent, pending repairs, last grass cut, last snow removal, any recommendations, and general notes. All on one website.
- We're small enough to remain personal but large enough to handle all of your requests in a timely and proper fashion. If you don't want to deal with the website, just send me a text or give me a call.
- We are experienced! We aren't just paper pushers. I am a boots on the ground, trained contractor that has worked with the most strict of clients and clients ranging from non-investor clients to clients with thousands of properties. With our construction company we have completed work for both small and large clients as well. Fannie Mae, HUD, Home Depot, Bank of America, USAF & more.
- Our trained staff can take a property that has been totally destroyed and have it remodeled and ready for rent within a week. We can typically have a property without tenant damage ready for rent the 2nd day of vacancy.
- We are also real estate investors! This means we know what the market will bear for rent and if you're looking to update the property we can get you the absolute best bang for your buck! Maybe you bought a house and don't want to hold it, we are also fix & flip contractors. Ask about our previous flips.
- Rent & Late Fee Handling
- Evictions & Property Clean Outs
- On-Staff Maintenance
- On-Staff Roofers, Framers, & General Contractors
- 25% Off All Major Repairs, Roofs, Siding, Foundation, Windows, Remodel, Paint, Carpet, Plumbing.
- Tenant Services - Tenant Placing, Tenant Screening, Credit Checks, Background Checks
- Snow Removal & Ice Management
- Grass Cuts & Landscape Management
- Recommended Services & Inspection Reports
- Keep You Updated w/ Photos whenever you'd like.
- Code Violation Handling
- Tax Payments
- Water / Sewer / Garbage Payments / Service Start.
- Property Marketing & Showing.
Construction Services & Pricing (Most Common)
Shingle Roof 25 Year Warranty| Includes Removal of 2 Layers, Felt Paper, Winter guard, Drip Edge. - $350 / Square
Additional Charge | Charge for each layer over 2 - $35 / Square
29 Gauge 40 Year Warranty Metal Roof Overlay - $450 / Square
Vinyl Siding Medium Grade - $400 / Square
Window Installation | Labor Only - $50 / Window
Grass Cut - $25-$35 Per Cut
Snow Removal - $25-$35 Per Push or Seasonal Rate w/ Discount
Debris Removal - $25 per cubic yard.
Send an email or give us a call. Every property is different and thus our pricing can vary.
Most commonly we charge 10% of the monthly rent flat. for the services and offerings listed above.
COVERED COUNTIES: Oswego, Onondaga, Oneida, Madison, Cayuga, Wayne, Seneca.
SECONDARY COUNTIES: Broome, Chemung, Tioga, Tompkins, Cortland, Chenango, Lewis, Jefferson, Saint Lawrence, Yates, Ontario.
Last thing: If you google us you will find a bunch of businesses with the same name. They're not us. We only cover NY and we're not cool enough to show up on Google yet. Feel free to check out our Facebook, our website, give me a call, harass me with questions.
I want to elaborate on what I mean by "totally destroyed" I guess that can be taken many different ways. This means holes in the drywall, ruined carpets, needing paint, needs a major cleaning, needs to have debris removed, etc.
Love this! Ron I am a landlord in Syracuse, have about 19 properties and still do,my,own management. Would love to,do coffee sometI'm and hear more
Hi Pat, I am available anytime next week. I will send you a colleague request on here.
Big storm is supposed to be coming! Make sure you're tenants aren't snowed in! :] Give me a call or text.
Gettin' some snow!
Merry Christmas guys!
You must be a BiggerPockets member to post on the forums
Join the world's largest, most open Real Estate Investing Community online, 100% free forever!