Indiana Duplex- Chicago Metro Area, 2%+ Deal!

8 Replies

Here's a good property that can be completely rehabbed by our property manager (moderate rehab required) and rented out for $1300 a month, with REALLY low taxes and insurance costs + the benefits of Indiana landlord laws.

530-532 W 18th St. Laporte IN

A small green rectangle to divide sections of the document

Price: $47,000.00

DUPLEX! A 2 bedroom unit and a 1 bedroom unit. This property was just owned by an older gentleman who did a terrible job of managing it. Good neighborhood, nearby homes sell for 120k- 150k.

A small green rectangle to divide sections of the document

Your Game Plan:

Rental: Half of the roof is 8 years old, the other half 15. No leaks, wouldn’t recommend replacing yet. Most of the windows have been upgraded to dual pane- a few still need to be upgraded. Other mechanicals are in good shape. New paint and flooring would be nice, cabinets in kitchens can be cleaned or painted. Bathrooms could use minor updating, but keep it minimal- fresh linoleum, maybe a vanity, and pre-fab tub surround. Furnaces are pretty old, but they work.

Only the 2 bedroom unit is occupied… severely under rented and the tenant pays inconsistently. Under management, he may become more consistent (the current owner has not applied any pressure). If not, get a new one and collect market rents.

Est. Cost: $12,000.00

Est. Rent: $1325/mo (625 for the 1 bedroom unit/ 700 for the 2 bedroom)

-------

Ace Properties provides discounted off market investment property in Chicago, Northwest Indiana, and South Bend. We are virtual investors, and specialize in investing out of state! We have turnkey rentals with management in place, rentals that need a little work at a significant discount, multifamily rentals (lots of duplex/triplex/fourplex) and sometimes even flips!

We work closely with the most experienced property managers in the area, who will not only secure tenants, but provide all of the construction services you may require to make the most out of each property, so you can buy discounted property needing minor improvements without having to stress over managing contractors from afar.

For access to ALL of my properties and regular email updates opt in at my website: WWW.ACENWI.COM.

To inquire about properties or just talk about investing out of state- email me directly @ [email protected]

Elliott, are you open to selling the property just as is?

@Bart H. I am absolutely. A lot of my buyers just use my property manager for the improvements because she's fairly priced and takes the stress of a low cost rehab off of the investor.

Are you already familiar with the area?

Originally posted by @Elliott Elkhoury :

@Bart Hedgcock I am absolutely. A lot of my buyers just use my property manager for the improvements because she's fairly priced and takes the stress of a low cost rehab off of the investor.

Are you already familiar with the area?

Yes, a little bit, I used to work for NiPSCO.  have spent a month or two based at the LNG facility there.  I have some contacts (former co-workers) in the area.  In fact one of them might be interested (if we dont do something)

@Bart H. If you could email me directly (in my signature ) I would love to give you access info. There will be one viewing scheduled next week for my more serious buyers, I'd love to share the date and time we've scheduled with you here. 

I'm curious how you ended up in Dallas as well- let's stay in touch!

@Elliott Elkhoury Who do you use for PM? I have a house in Merrillville. Very happy with the ROI on rentals in NWI.

Not interested in this duplex specifically, but would potentially be interested in other deals you find in the area.

Originally posted by @Andrew Herrig :

@Elliott Elkhoury Who do you use for PM? I have a house in Merrillville. Very happy with the ROI on rentals in NWI.

Not interested in this duplex specifically, but would potentially be interested in other deals you find in the area.

Andrew, I used to work in Merrillville/lived in Crown Point and Highland, I might be able to dig some names out of the past, catch me at Dana's next event.

@Bart H. Small world. I only saw this post because I have an alert for "Dallas". And here you are with experience in NWI!

@Andrew Herrig I see that you opted into our list, I'll definitely keep you posted! I just sold a 4plex in Merrillville in December, it was a good one too.

I use Karen Miller @ Property Boss LLC. She's a freaking ROCKSTAR. Want me to introduce you? Just shoot me an email and I'll get you guys in touch.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.