• Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Looking for rental property investor in Columbus, OH

Rohit Kejriwal
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Posted May 25 2018, 11:53

Hi! First time posting in BiggerPockets, but excited to officially join the community! I have been a long time listener of the podcast, and I am looking to get into rental property investing in Columbus, OH, where I have lived now for over 20 years (Go Bucks!).

Currently, I am looking to put an offer on a duplex that is listed for just below $200k. I am able to put as much as 25% down, but would prefer to put less if possible. There are existing long term tenants in place, so I could not do owner occupied financing, which is unfortunate because I have never owned a home before and I would have liked to take advantage of some of the financing programs out there. This is one of the stronger deals I've seen after months of searching in the very hot Columbus market. For now, I am only looking for a lender for this transaction, but I hope and plan to do 1-2 deals a year going forward, so ideally, I would want a lender that can scale with me and is in it for the long term relationship as well.

Anyways, can anyone recommend a good lender that I can speak to to finance this property? I have been speaking with someone at Concord Mortgage, but they mostly do owner occupied, and when they do rental mortgages, they don't like to do LLCs. I just formed a single-member LLC, which I would like to use as the purchaser. Since the LLC has no financial track record, I am obviously willing to provide a personal guaranty, and I have a pretty healthy credit score and debt-to-income ratio . Given all these facts, does anyone have an experienced lender that they could recommend to me?

Thanks! 

Looking for

Loading replies...