• NEWTOWN, CT
Votes |
Looking for 1-2 bedroom rental for tenant. Bridgeport Norwalk CT

Stephen R.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • NEWTOWN, CT
Posted Nov 6 2018, 12:43

I'm looking for a first floor, 1-2 bedroom with a $1,300/mo max in the Bridgeport to Norwalk CT area.

I'm negotiating an off-market duplex purchase right now. The seller is a single gentleman who has over 30 years with a municipal employer and has lived in the same house for almost 25 years. His income is more than 3x rent, he has no eviction or criminal record history.

Despite his stable employment history he recently filed for chapter 13 bankruptcy and is selling because of the pending foreclosure. His credit score is below 650 and he has no one to cosign the rental app. He tells me his financial troubles began when the tenant in his duplex (a family member) stopped paying rent "years and years ago." Without the heart to evict her, his road into financial difficulty began.

If anyone has a rental property that meets this criteria and is willing to assist please reach out to me. Although he is able to move immediately the short sale process will not be quick so please consider future vacancies.

Looking for

Loading replies...