Skip to content
Classifieds

User Stats

Votes
JT Goodwin
Pro Member
  • LA Area
Votes |
AutoCAD Design Capabilities (Estimating Rehab Costs)

JT Goodwin
Pro Member
  • LA Area
Posted Feb 22 2019, 18:35

Hello All,

If anyone is looking for help with floor plans on a house they are looking to rehab I can assist with estimating costs for flooring (tile, wood, vinyl, carpet), input footprints for kitchen cabinets, and even rearrange house layouts (take out undesired non weight bearing walls or kitchen layouts). These drawings can help give accurate costs for materials. The layouts will also be able to provide a visual for what the final renovated layout will look like. 

An example of my work is the image attached. I was given a floor plan with measurements. They wanted to know how many boxes of vinyl flooring they would need for to go throughout most of the house. I was able to draw this and give an extremely accurate estimate of how many boxes they would need to complete this job. I was even able to adjust the flooring to optimize as many full pieces as possible so there is very little scrap left over. I also helped put in all this flooring and it came out perfectly. You can also see picture of the before and after for this job. It made the installation go very smoothly. As long as I am give accurate dimensions for the floor plan I can give extremely accurate layouts. I am able to produce these drawing very quickly and can give you multiple options. 

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] 

Disclaimer: If any designs require structural work to the house please consult an architect. I am not licensed to approve any major changes to a home. If the work requires a permit please contact your local city planning department. 

Offering