A common misconception I frequently see;
That investors can only refinance/purchase/cash out one property at a time.
- You can indeed do up to the 10 conforming limits all at one time if you desire!
- The typical cash out financing is done after 6 months of owning the property, based on ARV and available for mortgaged properties #1-10. Please see delayed financing for less than 6 months after closing.
- On a primary residence you can pull out up to 80% LTV on a SFR and up to 75% LTV on 2-4 unit multi-families.
- On an investment property; A SFR if you have #1-10 mortgaged properties, you can pull out up to 75% of the equity and on 2-4 units is up to 70% equity.
- On an investment property; If you have #7-10 mortgaged properties, including subject you are required to have a credit score of 720, and are subject to a minimum loan amount of $50k!
- PROPERTIES LISTED FOR SALE - Must be taken off of the market prior to disbursement date of the new mortgage.
BRRR / BRRRR....... Buy Rent Rehab Refinance..........& Repeat
CASH OUT FINANCING
A cash out refinance is a refinance of your property that allows you to pull equity out of a property. The mortgage can either be paid off free and clear or can have a low enough balance on the current mortgage versus the value, to make it worth pulling out the equity in the property. Cash out refinances are available on primary, second homes and investment properties.
Cash Reserves Required For Other Properties Owned by Investor, if doing a cash out on investment property;
Cash Reserve Requirements;
6 months PITI is required on subject property. If you have 1-4 financed properties than it is now 2% of all unpaid principle balances.
If you have 5-6 financed properties than it is now 4% of all unpaid principle balances.
If you have 7-10 financed properties than it is now 6% of all unpaid principle balances.
Money must be in account for 60 days or sourced. A HELOC can be used as down payment, but not as cash reserves.
- The new loan amount is not more than the actual documented amount of the borrower’s initial investment in purchasing the property, plus the financing of closing costs, prepaid fees, and points (subject to the maximum LTV).
DELAYED FINANCING EXCEPTION
Delayed Financing Exception
A cash-out refinance within 6 months of a purchase transaction when no financing was obtained for the purchase transaction are allowed under the following parameters:
- CASH OUT FINANCING AND DELAYED FINANCING HAVE THE SAME LTV REQUIREMENTS - BUT DELAYED FINANCING IS SUBJECT TO A MAX OF PURCHASE PRICE PLUS CLOSING COSTS.
- The purchase transaction was an arm’s length transaction
- The purchase transaction is documented by the HUD-1, which confirms that no mortgage financing was used to obtain the subject property. The preliminary title search or report must also confirm no liens on the subject property.
- The source of funds for the purchase transaction can be documented (bank statements, personal loan documents, HELOC on another property). Any loans used as the source for the purchase transaction will be required to be repaid on the new HUD-1.
Funds received as gifts and used to purchase the property may not be reimbursed with proceeds of the new mortgage loan. Funds of gifts are not allowed with investment purchases.
- All other cash-out refinance eligibility requirements are met and cash-out pricing is applied. This is allowed on primary residences, second homes and investment properties per cash-out guidelines.
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing