Need vacant home insurance

2 Replies

Need vacant property insurance for single family home (flip project) in Las Vegas.  Anyone out there can help?

I've only found that NREIG offers vacant property insurance nationwide.  They are used to dealing with investors, but their service can be a little lacking.  Contact an insurance broker, they may know other carriers that will insure vacant properties.

Be aware that you actually might need builder's insurance and not a vacant home insurance policy.  Vacant home insurance is when no one will be around it.  Since you're flipping, you need a builder's risk because you actually have people around (cuts down on the vandalism and vagrancy in the house).

I'm an investor (not an insurance person), but I have some experience in insurance. :)

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here