Putting Together a Webinar on Hotel Investing

45 Replies

I am thinking of putting together a webinar about hotel investing.

Before I do, I want to find out the following:

1. Is this something that is of interest to you? (if so, answer "Yes" by responding to this)

2. What sort of topics you want me to cover? I am thinking the following:

a) Why invest in hotels?
b) How do you find good hotel deals?
c) How do you analyze the numbers?
d) How do you invest actively in hotels?
e) How do you invest passively in hotels?
f) How do you raise private capital with hotels?  

Thanks in advance!

Not sure if there are other people interested but just didn't respond. If there's only one response...I probably won't do this webinar.

So if you want to learn hotel investing, this is your chance.

Thanks @John Hill, Jr. , @Marshall Downs and @James Colgan for responding.

Anyone else wants to learn how to invest in hotels?

@Jene Goshay , @Quiana Starr , @Steve Hiltabiddle ? Do you know anyone else who may be interested?

Maybe if I get 10 or more people to say they want to learn about hotel investing, I will do this.

Just respond "YES" to this post.

Originally posted by @Steve Hiltabiddle :

Hi @Michael Ealy,  As I mentioned when we spoke, this is definitely an asset class that I could use some additional education on.  I can check with a few folks I know who may also be interested and let you know.

Thanks Steve. Regardless of whether we do this webinar or not, we will talk and provide you with some education on it but it will be good that others benefit too :)

@Michael Ealy Hello Michael, I would like to see more information on hotel investing.

Specifically looking for insight on:

• How bridge loans work (down payment assistance etc) with lower credit.

• Since hotels are cyclical, how to secure enough financing to pay down payment, and enough bridge to get past the 'down' season.

• Financing for PIP

• Structuring equity partners in Hotel deals

• Local vs. Flag

Looking forward to your content and would like to personally thank you for sharing. I would love to spark up a conversation with you to bounce some ideas around to help you create material.

Thank you,

Neel Patel, Co-founder

Triumph Investments & Holdings LLC.

[email protected]

@Michael Ealy Definitely interested! I'm curious how you select (or apply) for a franchise. What requirements do hotel groups have for operators as far as experience goes? Is it beneficial to be a limited partner in a hotel deal before investing as a GP?

Originally posted by @Caleb Webster :

@Michael Ealy Definitely interested! I'm curious how you select (or apply) for a franchise. What requirements do hotel groups have for operators as far as experience goes? Is it beneficial to be a limited partner in a hotel deal before investing as a GP?

Caleb,

You don't have to be an LP before you can be a GP - although I think it will help so you know how experienced hotel syndicators look at deals. The choice of a franchise will depend on many factors and is really deal-dependent. Will answer that when I do the hotel webinar.

Originally posted by @Mike Stohler :

I currently do hotel syndicating.   We closed on a Radisson last week.   I'm always interested in listening to other hotel investors.  

Congrats Mike on closing on that Radisson. 

We have almost the same experience/investing profiles. I've been investing in real estate for 20 years as well and focused on multi family and now hotels. Closed 3 months ago on a Courtyard by Marriott in Columbus Ohio and under contract with 2 hotels in New Jersey and Oklahoma.

Will let you know when I do my webinar. 

Nice name by the way ;)

Originally posted by @Ibrahim Hughes :

@Michael Ealy

Yes I'm interested as well!

How are you Ibrahim? Thanks for replying and I will do this webinar.

I just need to finish this seminar I am putting up on apartment investing. It will be tomorrow, November 13. I can't believe there's so much work that goes into this. 

I see you're a flipper/rehabber. How's your real estate market?

Originally posted by @Michael Ealy:
Originally posted by @Caleb Webster:

Caleb,

You don't have to be an LP before you can be a GP - although I think it will help so you know how experienced hotel syndicators look at deals. The choice of a franchise will depend on many factors and is really deal-dependent. Will answer that when I do the hotel webinar.

Hi Caleb, for some reason the @ function stopped working. Weird. 

The webinar is on December 11, 2019 at 12 NN eastern. Please send an email to [email protected] to RSVP

Originally posted by @Michael Ealy:
Originally posted by @Mike Stohler:

I currently do hotel syndicating.   We closed on a Radisson last week.   I'm always interested in listening to other hotel investors.  

Congrats Mike on closing on that Radisson. 

We have almost the same experience/investing profiles. I've been investing in real estate for 20 years as well and focused on multi family and now hotels. Closed 3 months ago on a Courtyard by Marriott in Columbus Ohio and under contract with 2 hotels in New Jersey and Oklahoma.

Will let you know when I do my webinar. 

Nice name by the way ;)

Hi Mike, for some reason the @ function stopped working.

The webinar is on December 11, 2019 at 12 NN eastern. Please send an email to [email protected] to RSVP

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here