• Lender
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Hard Money Lenders: Joffrey Long Roll Call

Joffrey Long
  • Lender
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted May 6 2013, 20:56

I have to know. How many of the (CALIFORNIA ONLY) hard money lenders (or private money lenders, as we're now encouraged to say) are going to the CMA (California Mortgage Association) Conference Thursday and Friday in San Fran?

I'm amazed, that in a State where there are at least 2,000 people involved in organizing, funding, soliciting, actively promoting hard money loans, that only 200 show up at the conferences, which focus only on hard money lending in California.

I guess some of the others are so smart that they don't need the conference. Or they prefer to be educated by the plaintiff's bar - a much more expensive education, but definitely a thorough one.

Here's the actual question:

If you're a hard money lender, broker, organizer, solicitor, full time investor, hard money pool manager, or service provider to any of the previous categories, how are you getting your knowledge about complying with the rapidly changing laws, etc. ?

If you don't want to give away your "secret source," you could simply say, "from my one attorney," or "from a webinar I take once a year." (Which will make me laugh really hard.)

Ok, hope I didn't step on any toes here. I know there are a few BP'ers who, like me, have already admitted they don't know everything and will be at the seminar.

Looking forward to your feed back ! And remember, this is a CALIFORNIA question for people in hard money lending in CALIFORNIA. Other states are welcome to comment, but I don't know a thing about lending in states other than CAL, and I have no idea what trade associations or sources they have.

thanks again, y'all,

Joffrey Long

Loading replies...