Looking for a highly motivated Construction & Maintenance Manager with a relationship-building attitude, responsible for running our rehab and new construction projects, keeping our managed rentals in top shape while providing excellent customer service, hiring / firing subs, creating and adhering to budgets and timeframes, being held to and holding others to high standards, and updating processes as necessary - and being a part of an active smaller firm that likes to have fun.
The AA Real Estate Group is focused first and foremost on creating win-win opportunities through solving problems & seeing hidden value, while leaving neighborhoods better than when we found them. We’ve been in business since 2005, and based on our Core Values of Integrity, Service, Teamwork & Impact, have completed hundreds of projects, made thousands of relationships, won 4 regional awards, and are growing our team of motivated and enthusiastic people who want to join, learn, help hundreds of people and make relationships as well as substantially growing their income and net worth.
Essential Job Functions
You: Live, breathe, and love construction. You're great with a hammer, but even better with people. You're comfortable with a drill, but also comfortable overseeing a job site and a job schedule. You'll learn to manage carpenters, electricians, plumbers, etc.
As our Construction & Maintenance Manager, your role is key to ensuring that every product we put our name to is a statement and signature for what we have done for 15+ years, but is also profitable! You’ll be responsible for making your own estimates and timelines, managing and recruiting subcontractors and laborers, and all responsibilities that come with starting up, running a renovation and closing out a file, with attention to detail as well as updating processes. Sometimes this may involve grabbing a hammer or broom and being on site – whatever it takes.
You’ll also be responsible for staying on top of our work requests and growing labor force for the property management company, and ensuring workers are showing our residents and landlords the quality our name invokes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project Management
- Establish and maintain budget & project schedule
- Overseeing budgets & Expectations with Crews
- All supervision needed for construction of each project from bid, to onset and up to and after closing
- Oversee Completion of projects at or below budget and at or above acceptable quality standards that will allow them to be marketable and sold quickly
- Implementing & Documenting all procedures, checklists and standardized processes & systems for the position for sustainability of the Firm.
- Responsible for attending and participating in the daily 9AM Team Huddles and Department Meetings as Requested
- Responsible for gathering and analyzing data to help with targets, projections, quarterly “rocks” and annual and monthly goal setting processes.
- Estimating and Project Bidding
- Walking prospect homes, taking photos, setting lockboxes and establishing budget and scope of work
- Manage costs associated with each phase of construction
- Billing and Costing of Projects
- Establish costs associated with each project
- Code, manage and approve bills for each project
- Collaborate with team to Identify ways to cut expenses & save costs
- Subcontractor & Vendor Management
- Hiring / Firing / Managing of Subcontractors and Vendors
- Management of needed tax and insurance documents
- Maintenance Division
- Responsible for completion of work orders and occasional showings of units
- Communication to building owners on repairs to be made
- Coordination with tenants/residents to oversee the repair
- Handling all subcontractors and vendors
- Hiring of Laborers / Subs in different Geos
- Eventual Tracking & Dispatching subs to property management portfolio
- Ensuring Quality & Performance for Maintenance Division
These duties can and will vary and change as business requires.
How It Works
- We have a running list of projects, some bigger and some smaller, that you would be tasked with setting up and running. We already have a list of vendors and contractors from you to work with.
- You do NOT need a construction license for this, but you DO need a background in construction.
- You will work about 40 hours per week, and while we absolutely respect family and personal time, sometimes it may mean working evenings and weekends to meet deadlines or handle emergencies.
- You will have opportunities for bonuses for projects getting done on time and on budget.
- The office is full of awesome and fun people – you will love working here!
While the company is open to anyone who has what it takes to produce results and make big money, they imagine this position is going to be filled by a person who possess the following traits:
- Hungry to learn
- 3+ years of construction experience.
- Your verbal and written communication is excellent
- Good people skills. No, GREAT people skills J
- Good work ethic – punctual and reliable
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision/oversight
- Self-motivated and extremely organized
- Results & Goal Oriented - “Get the Job Done, At All Costs”
- Great sense of humor. The job needs it.
While you do not need a construction license, experience in the trades is necessary, preferably in a management role.
You Should Apply If:
- You can relate to a company that operates with a set of Core Values: Integrity, Service, Teamwork, and Impact.
- You have a “Team Above Self” Attitude and are willing to go above-and-beyond.
- You are looking for a long-term position with a large potential for growth.
- You are willing to do “Whatever-It-Takes” and pay your dues like everyone else.
You Should Not Apply If:
- You have zero experience in construction.
- You have an introverted personality and/or are unwilling to get aggressive if need be.
- You do not hold a high level of integrity.
- You are not a team player.
- You have a bad attitude.
- You are looking for a short-term career opportunity.
- The Boston real estate market is on fire! This is your chance to get consistent income and really contribute to an organization in a meaningful way.
- Get solid experience by working with a proven, local team. We are not Suffolk Construction – we know everybody’s name in the office, and we care about eachother’s success!
- Learn the real estate investing business from experienced entrepreneurs.
- You get to work with a small, dynamic team in an environment that challenges you to grow.
You must have your own laptop, cell phone & vehicle, although you’ll eventually have access to a company vehicle. You would have an office based out of Tewksbury, MA and would be expected to attend regular meetings there when not in the field.
What To Do Next:
1. Respond to this ad with an email to [email protected] - in the subject block, Write your name, construction experience and the company where you last sold; For Me, it would look like this "Matt Perry, Construction Management Experience for AA Real Estate Group."
2. Send your resume and a paragraph or video about why you are the best person for this position.
3. If you kill it in the video/paragraph and phone screening, you will be invited to meet with the management team and principal at our Woburn Office.
** If you also know your Myers Briggs or DISC personality type, you can include that as well.
Myers Briggs: http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/overview_temperaments.asp
DISC TEST: https://www.tonyrobbins.com/disc/
$52K-$65K / depending on experience.
Bonuses offered for on time and on budget projects.
Health Stipend, 401K, PTO Programs Available
Note: 3 Month trial period for any candidate hired.
All resumes will be collected, and interviews will begin within a week. Looking to fill immediately.
Job Posting Details
- City: Tewksbury
- State: Massachusetts
- Remote position: no
- Company: AA Real Estate Group
- Benefits: Health Stipend, 401K, PTO Programs Available
- Benefits: $52K-$65K depending on experience.
- How to apply: [email protected]
- Full time
Hi Nick, we had good results (not 100% great) using Indeed.com. We found a great candidate for Senior Maintenance Technician that we hired for the full-time position here at Belaire. I say not 100% great because we had scores of candidates looking for someone to "give them a job" and never even took the time to read the job requirements. I am guessing your job description and listing are based on Gino Wickman's book Traction? With the immense network you have at your command, I am sure you will fill this position posthaste without getting hammered!
P.S. Really been enjoying the REI Unleashed zoomcasts.