Looking for Southern Indiana CPA

2 Replies

I'm a buy & hold real estate investor in Terre Haute, Indiana and I'm looking for a good CPA. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good CPA in Southern Indiana?

Don't be afraid to go non-local. You'll open yourself to a wider pool of qualified candidates.

Many of us service clients all over the US and even world. We utilize various forms of technology to collaborate seamlessly with our clients and rarely have issues.

If you are set on using someone local, search the BP forums for investors local to you and reach out to ask for a referral. Or join a local FaceBook/ REIA group.

Casey,

I recommend finding an accountant who specializes in real estate taxation over one that is local. You may want to consider working with your accountant remotely to expand your options.

I would also recommend looking for a tax strategist who is willing to work with you throughout the year, not just when preparing your tax return. You want an accountant that can help you strategize and who is responsive when you want to know the tax consequences of the decisions you are making throughout the year.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.