• Richmond, VA
Votes |
Deal Structure for Short Term Rental Acquisition

Andria Kobylinski
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Posted Jan 20 2022, 14:46

Hi Guys, working on building a portfolio of short term rentals. I have a few people who are interested in investing. The thought is to borrow as a loan for downpayment and start up costs. How would you structure the deal? 

User Stats

Votes
Ashish Acharya
Pro Member
#2 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • CPA, CFP®, PFS
  • Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Tax, SDIRAs & Cost Segregation Contributor
  • CPA, CFP®, PFS
  • Florida
Replied Jan 20 2022, 17:49
Originally posted by @Andria Kobylinski:

Hi Guys, working on building a portfolio of short term rentals. I have a few people who are interested in investing. The thought is to borrow as a loan for downpayment and start up costs. How would you structure the deal? 

Borrowing the money is not going to create a partnership. You are only giving the lender investor interest return. They don't participate in the profit or appreciation. 

If they are expecting profit and appreciation, they need to come in a partner. They can bring all the money but they need to come in as a partner. 

User Stats

Votes
Andria Kobylinski
Pro Member
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Jan 21 2022, 06:44

@Ashish Acharya Thank you for the response.Yes, he is happy to structure it as a loan. I am just curious what would constitute a win/ win deal for him and I. I think he'd like to be paid back quicker over a long term lend. What percentage do you think is reasonable in this market. What length of time? 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Keyven Hernandez
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tucson, AZ
Replied Mar 26 2022, 16:27

Hey @Andria Kobylinski would you mind letting me know how you structured it? I'm in a similar situation where I'm looking for a capital partner for and str but want to see the different ways of structuring it.