Personal Finance

User Stats

Votes
Jorge Borges
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Billerica, MA
Votes |
Has anyone worked with Tardus Wealth Strategies?

Jorge Borges
Pro Member
  • Billerica, MA
Posted May 8 2022, 08:10

Hello BiggerPockets members. Love his community. 

Have anyone of you hired Tardus for wealth coaching? They are the creators of the Income Snowball (i.e. Income Snowball, a system of investing in which a person can create self-sustaining passive income). I'm looking to find unbiased reviews of their service.

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Don Konipol
Pro Member
#1 Innovative Strategies Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Innovative Strategies Contributor
  • Lender
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied May 8 2022, 09:31
Quote from @Jorge Borges:

Have anyone of you hired Tardus for wealth coaching? They are the creators of the Income Snowball (i.e. Income Snowball, a system of investing in which a person can create self-sustaining passive income). I'm looking to find unbiased reviews of their service.

Thanks!

Just looked at their website.  I don’t see anything glaringly wrong with their concept but 2 things have caused a red light.  1. Continual use of buzz words to describe their concepts and 2. Claim that their financial wealth consulting offers concepts only they provide.  That claim can not be even remotely true.  They seem to be a financial planning company with a bend to aggressive investing in alternative assets.  But if they just said that they wouldn’t appear unique.  
There’s been a lot of “dumbing down” of financial services and coaching in the last 5 years.  The results are people who don’t know that their stock picks can go down as well as up; who think that the ‘stock market” guarantees a 15% annual yield; who don’t have any concept of risk, or it’s relationship with return; and who believe that the intrinsic value of an investment is somehow directly related to its last 12 month pricing movement.  When the next down market comes, it’s going to be brutal.  

User Stats

Votes
Jorge Borges
Pro Member
  • Billerica, MA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Billerica, MA
Replied May 9 2022, 10:02

Thank you for sharing your opinion and background experience. The next time I talk to them I will probe on concepts that they provide. But I think their process is essentially borrowing money (from the equity in your home) and investing it in a higher-paying asset. Anyway... I look to learn more about them in the coming weeks. I just can't find anyone who has used them so that I can have a discussion.

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 17 2022, 20:11

Following this post. I would also like to know if the snowball strategy they describe is sustainable. In the presentation they provide, they never consider the interest that needs to be paid on the borrowed money. I am curious about how that works. 

User Stats

Votes
Mike Biasatti
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied May 26 2022, 07:54

https://patents.justia.com/pat 

This is a link to their patent. The concept is spelled out, but like previous users suggest, it is based on a sort on interest arbitrage that given the current economic environment would be challenging IMHO. Also they are short on investment vehicles which are available that would proffer a consistently higher interest than the cost of money.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 17 2022, 07:16

I just started with them. Going through my first flip. It is an interest arbitrage in the beginning. I haven't had my next meeting yet, but I guess through enough arbitrages, it accelerates the time it takes to get a down payment on a rental.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Jun 17 2022, 07:32
Quote from @Don Konipol:

Thanks!

Just looked at their website.  I don’t see anything glaringly wrong with their concept but 2 things have caused a red light.  1. Continual use of buzz words to describe their concepts and 2. Claim that their financial wealth consulting offers concepts only they provide.  That claim can not be even remotely true.  They seem to be a financial planning company with a bend to aggressive investing in alternative assets.  But if they just said that they wouldn’t appear unique.  
There’s been a lot of “dumbing down” of financial services and coaching in the last 5 years.  The results are people who don’t know that their stock picks can go down as well as up; who think that the ‘stock market” guarantees a 15% annual yield; who don’t have any concept of risk, or it’s relationship with return; and who believe that the intrinsic value of an investment is somehow directly related to its last 12 month pricing movement.  When the next down market comes, it’s going to be brutal.  

I skimmed through it .. basically they are saying take a loan on your house  then loan that money to a credit worthy company/individual and make the delta just like any lender in the US that uses OPM to lend to others and make the delta.. although they talk about a sweep account so if your on top of it you can knock down your interest quicker than doing it manually.

the real question is who are these credit worthy partners to lend to.. this could go turtle very easy ..  you borrow on your house lend to another and they default your now are fubared.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 6 2022, 07:55

I am a client of Tardus wealth strategies. I highly recommend the coaching. I spoke to a few Tardus clients before pulling the trigger. Tardus recently  partnered up with rent to retirement which is a very reputable turnkey company, up RTR reviews on bigger pockets) and was featured on a few of their podcasts. Tardus has also been featured on rich dad poor dad podcasts, among many others. Tardus has been getting more traction over past year or so.

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Chhorr
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jul 8 2022, 02:34
Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
Quote from @Don Konipol:

Thanks!

I skimmed through it .. basically they are saying take a loan on your house  then loan that money to a credit worthy company/individual and make the delta just like any lender in the US that uses OPM to lend to others and make the delta.. although they talk about a sweep account so if your on top of it you can knock down your interest quicker than doing it manually.

the real question is who are these credit worthy partners to lend to.. this could go turtle very easy ..  you borrow on your house lend to another and they default your now are fubared.

I was listening to their videos.  They make it so simple, like all the loan they lend out on prosper will not default. Their program depend on everyone you lending to on prosper or other P2P lending platform won't DEFAULT.  Thats very highly unlikely. 

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Chhorr
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jul 8 2022, 02:43
Quote from @Georgy Cherkassky:

I am a client of Tardus wealth strategies. I highly recommend the coaching. I spoke to a few Tardus clients before pulling the trigger. Tardus recently  partnered up with rent to retirement which is a very reputable turnkey company, up RTR reviews on bigger pockets) and was featured on a few of their podcasts. Tardus has also been featured on rich dad poor dad podcasts, among many others. Tardus has been getting more traction over past year or so.

What's the cost of Tardus wealth strategy if you don't mind sharing.  How long is the duration of the program/advices?

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Jul 20 2022, 13:24
Quote from @Don Konipol:

Thanks!

Hey there, Tardus employee here (not a wealth coach) so not unbiased, but just wanted to clarify that the strategies and investments used here certainly aren't unique. People have been using leverage and investing in alternatives for decades. The unique selling point is the technique, which is how they got a patent. There are also plenty of investment options that aren't tied to the stock market at all. The Income Snowball is the bread & butter - but the real value is in the coaching.

User Stats

Votes
Lindsie Akers
  • Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Jul 20 2022, 14:29
Quote from @Account Closed:
Quote from @Don Konipol:

Thanks!

Hey there, Tardus employee here (not a wealth coach) so not unbiased, but just wanted to clarify that the strategies and investments used here certainly aren't unique. People have been using leverage and investing in alternatives for decades. The unique selling point is the technique, which is how they got a patent. There are also plenty of investment options that aren't tied to the stock market at all. The Income Snowball is the bread & butter - but the real value is in the coaching.

Sorry ^ this last comment was mine, but I realized I had multiple bigger pockets accounts and had to consolidate.

User Stats

Votes
Kris Moulton
  • Contractor
  • Pine City, MN
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Pine City, MN
Replied Jul 20 2022, 16:30

I'm in my 4th month with Tardus. I have a close friend and business partner who vetted them also. Couldn't be happier so far.

It's more about coaching/accountability/options as you go through life on what could work best for your situation. Anyone can go do interest arbitrage, but they help you adjust and keep on track with your financial freedom date. We have a Whatsapp group of folks from brand new to several years in and everyone is happy. Lots of folks that are several years in that are killing it.

It's all about mindset change, discipline of funds, managing risk (on your own, you don't send them ANY investing money, only your dues). The beauty is in the income snowball and how they can help you modify it down the road and how to do it the most efficiently.

Definitely not a gimmick. A lot of money (for a midwesterner), but I can see it being very worth it. The program has already started paying me handsomely and its cranking up even faster already as I have added 3 RE properties to fund it even faster.

Highly recommend if you can swing the initial cash investment (no I won't tell you how much it is). Listen to their spiel, its worth it.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 20 2022, 16:47

Tardus client. Tardus is changing my life. Highly recommend the coaching and their strategies.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 21 2022, 03:48

Tardus is legit.  I think the patent Tanisha received is well worth the effort.  Yes it costs money for the coaching, but the typical investor would take decades of trial and error of other investing techniques and would probably never arrive a systematic way of approaching investing for cashflow as is created with the income snowball.  Most from the BP community understand wealth is not created by just saving and investing (e.g. traditional 401K) unless you are able to start very young and just do it consistently for 30-40 yrs.  Real wealth creating by using leverage (not debt) appropriately.  The BP community of course naturally gravitates to fixed rate long-term debt on real assets as probably the safest way to use leverage to build wealth.  Short term leverage inherently increases our risk.  E.g. if you use margin or options, bridge loans with 1yr balloon payments, etc.... this can be very risky.

One of the biggest value-ads for Tardus is it teaches you a system on how to analyze investment opportunities and use short-term leverage in a risk mitigated and consistent matter.  To reiterate, Tardus is not a wealth management company...they don't invest your money...you are the one who retains control.  Tardus is a wealth coaching company.  They teach you the systematic way to invest and how to analyze investments for a cash flow mindset.  It is very algorithmic-ly dictated based on and numbers and percentages.  Any "spreadsheet freaks" out there are gonna be amazed when you dig deep into crunching the numbers.  So in my opinion, it teaches me how to use short-term leverage to build an income snowball...then once I get an efficient and ever-increasing machine...I pivot that into getting more long-term assets (using safe, long-term leverage).  Using the short and long-term leverage accelerates my TIME FREEDOM date.  

They have a bunch of free videos out there related to the Income Snowball and their new partnership with rent-to-retirement, and a very savvy "numbers person" could probably surmise and re-create the system on their own if they really want to be cheap.  But why do that huge lift?  Just pay for the coaching, it will pay for itself eventually, you will get all the support you need to be successful and join a lively community of like-minded individuals all trying to help each other succeed. You are sum total of the people you surround yourself with.

I am a Tardus paying client, none of us that recently posted get any sort of kickback or referral fee for talking about our experiences on BP (although I do believe there is a referral bonus if you refer a new client...but it is nominal enough that no one is trying to bring in new members soley for this bonus).  In our closed group, it was just mentioned that this forum thread was discovered and that everyone responding were just speculating with no actual clients commenting. A request for honest feedback was requested and within the matter of hours/days, many of us were willing to comment.  I think that goes a lot to show you how engaged Tardus clients are.  Yes, we pay a fee for the coaching, that many of us feel is fully worth the cost, maybe having "skin-in-game" makes us more likely to take action and be excited about the company, but that is for you to decide.  I am pretty sure they give free consultations to explore your financial position and current cashflow, to see how Tardus could be of help to you and if they would be a good fit for achieving your goals.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 21 2022, 05:12

You couldn’t have said it any better. I encourage everyone to check out the podcast Tanisha (CEO of Tardus ) did with rent to retirement, you can view it on the rent to retirement page. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 21 2022, 06:54

Thanks!

Hey Jorge,

I'm a Tardus client since April of 2022 and I'll BLUF this, bottom line up front, for you. Absolutely worth it. Their fee, 5k. I'm projected to get 18% of Cash on Cash return after my first year. I'm fully committed in getting to a finical freedom date in 10 years or less. Meaning I've redirected 90% of my current retirement saving into this new way of building assets.

Now for the why. My finical journey started in Nov of 2021 when I finished reading Rich Dad Poor Dad, by Robert Kiyosaki. That changed my whole mindset on how I looked at money and what I was doing. I am your typical white collar, white male, upper middle class who works in tech. I'm a saver, which Kiyosaki calls losers. That lead me to talking to a co-worker who introduced me to CFT, Cash flow tactics.

Now I spent $500 on CFT, and I walked away from that company because the message was we've all been lied to. I felt they lean on 'fear' marketing a bit to much. Main message is the accumulation method, ie 401k, is all a lie and doesn't work. It does work, many people have retired from this method, but it takes 40+ years and its main stream and, in my opinion, what I think is the easy path. But what I walked away from CFT was 2 things. 

First CFT showed me that I can 'retire' by replacing my income in a passive manner. They are big Kiyosaki fans. They showed me the 'how' to do what Kiyosaki talked about. Where as Robert, only talked about they What. I didn't understand just from reading Rich Dad Poor Dad, on how to do what he talked about, CFT provided that education.

Secondly, I was introduced to the 'Vault' by CFT. A place to store your money where it can be safe, reduce risk, grow tax free, and be highly leverage. This Vault I come to find is also called, IBC, Infinity banking concept. Thus lead me down another rabbit whole. 

I spent a couple months reading and learning about IBC, which requires a whole life insurance policy. If you want to learn more, I would recommend the following reading: The AND Asset, and Becoming your own Banking. The first is a great intro, persuasive  book, and outlines why IBC is a good thing. Becoming your own banking, is written by the man who's credited in coming up with the Infinity Banking Concept, Nelson Nash. He dives deep into it but can be a bit dry. This gave me the understanding of how to use leverage or OPM, other peoples money. This gave me a tool to utilize, and dip into for down payments for rentals I was planning on buying. As suc in learning about this concept and understanding that I needed to replace my current income with Assets that can produce cash for me to replace my income, I become a BiggerPockets member to learn about how to buy Real Estate. 

I was planning to buy my first property in April of this year, 2022. In my education I came across a company, Rent2Retirement a turn key company. This was in March of 2022, 1 month before my deadline goal of buying a property. As such they had a YouTube podcast/video with a women named Tanisha from Tardus. I liked what I heard: A way to start building passive income to replace your current w-2 income with this thing called a Income Snowball. So I checked them out.

What I really liked was I didn't need to be sold on the concept of why to do this. But how they did it was honestly something I tried 9 years ago, becoming a lender. Where you invest and get your amortization principle and interest payments back on a monthly basis. But there is a very big difference from what I did in 2013, from what Tardus has taught me and that I'm doing now.   

In 2013 I invested in a company called Lending Tree, a peer2peer lending. Basically you invest 10k which buys you into about 300 different notes. Thus, decreasing your investment risk of a defaults because you're only putting in $25-50 per loan. But there are many other investment tools you can use. The key is Leverage and the amortization of payments coming back monthly, and/or quarterly at the latest.

For example, I'm leveraging lets say 12k from my HELOC (but once I get my IBC policy setup, I'll be using this) to put into a peer2peer lending, Prosper. This is giving me roughly $540 a month payment. This money is going back to pay back my HELOC loan. But I'm also putting in my own money to the HELOC, $2400 a month. So that's $2940 to pay back the 12k. That's going to take ~4 months. Once that is done we do it again. Giving a new monthly payment of $540 that goes back to paying off the HELOC which speeds up the process. It Snowballs on the repayments. And their 'system' the patent is the key on how/where to start and when to increase these amounts over time. Not only that, but it's this new way of thinking, they are retraining me on really how to do what I read by Kiyosaki. I just bought a car, so now how do I go about the best way utilizing these 'assets' I've bought/invested into to pay for this car? They have thought me how to go about this while continuing to snowball my way to finical freedom. And this includes buying real estate next year. After I get my base, what they call fast burning fuel (these peer2peer loans), started. Because then I'll be doing larger amounts which I can put towards down payments for homes.

Conclusion, Tardus truly gave me a way to not be overwhelmed with trying to buy 15+ rentals to get to finical freedom, but gave me a greater understanding how to put everything I was learning together. Now I'm building my initial passive income streams from an easier standpoint with amortization lending, understanding how to let my assets buy my liabilities, and how to grow into adding rentals later, or other type of investments. Because there isn't just one way, there are many ways, and they are helping me find what works for me. My only wish at times, and honestly in the first couple months, I wanted to meet more with my success coach because I'm a bit impatient. But now I think I've overcome some of my 'unknowns' and I'm getting into a groove. They have weekly group meetings you can attended but you'll have to ask general questions, nothing specific to your use case. They also have a ton of resources you have access to once you sign up. 

Hope this helps you and others.

User Stats

Votes
Zach Lemaster#3 Ask About A Real Estate Company Contributor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Zach Lemaster#3 Ask About A Real Estate Company Contributor
  • Denver, CO
Replied Jul 21 2022, 06:54

We've had hundreds of RTR clients go through the Tardus program to be successful in growing their REI portfolio faster than they would otherwise & achieve additional streams of income. It does take some work like anything else, but if you follow their process you will see results. We wouldn't advocate for them otherwise as reputation is everything in this business. We love thinking outside of the box to be a creative investor using multiple strategies to achieve multiple streams of income & financial independence. Their coaching program is extremely affordable compared to most things we see in the coaching space. I highly encourage anyone that is interested in learning more about their platform to schedule a discovery call with their team to answer all your questions. I guarantee you'll at least learn something to make you a more savvy investor!

User Stats

Votes
Jeffrey Marino
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • mount laurel, nj
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • mount laurel, nj
Replied Jul 23 2022, 15:25
Quote from @Kevin Chhorr:
Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
Quote from @Don Konipol:

Thanks!

I was listening to their videos.  They make it so simple, like all the loan they lend out on prosper will not default. Their program depend on everyone you lending to on prosper or other P2P lending platform won't DEFAULT.  Thats very highly unlikely. 

And beware that prosper, and other peer to peer lending platforms, don't operate in all states. 

User Stats

Votes
Heidi Backer
  • Saint Paul, MN
Votes |
  • Saint Paul, MN
Replied Aug 30 2022, 07:51
Quote from @Davis Hanai:

Tardus is legit.  I think the patent Tanisha received is well worth the effort.  Yes it costs money for the coaching, but the typical investor would take decades of trial and error of other investing techniques and would probably never arrive a systematic way of approaching investing for cashflow as is created with the income snowball.  Most from the BP community understand wealth is not created by just saving and investing (e.g. traditional 401K) unless you are able to start very young and just do it consistently for 30-40 yrs.  Real wealth creating by using leverage (not debt) appropriately.  The BP community of course naturally gravitates to fixed rate long-term debt on real assets as probably the safest way to use leverage to build wealth.  Short term leverage inherently increases our risk.  E.g. if you use margin or options, bridge loans with 1yr balloon payments, etc.... this can be very risky.

One of the biggest value-ads for Tardus is it teaches you a system on how to analyze investment opportunities and use short-term leverage in a risk mitigated and consistent matter.  To reiterate, Tardus is not a wealth management company...they don't invest your money...you are the one who retains control.  Tardus is a wealth coaching company.  They teach you the systematic way to invest and how to analyze investments for a cash flow mindset.  It is very algorithmic-ly dictated based on and numbers and percentages.  Any "spreadsheet freaks" out there are gonna be amazed when you dig deep into crunching the numbers.  So in my opinion, it teaches me how to use short-term leverage to build an income snowball...then once I get an efficient and ever-increasing machine...I pivot that into getting more long-term assets (using safe, long-term leverage).  Using the short and long-term leverage accelerates my TIME FREEDOM date.  

They have a bunch of free videos out there related to the Income Snowball and their new partnership with rent-to-retirement, and a very savvy "numbers person" could probably surmise and re-create the system on their own if they really want to be cheap.  But why do that huge lift?  Just pay for the coaching, it will pay for itself eventually, you will get all the support you need to be successful and join a lively community of like-minded individuals all trying to help each other succeed. You are sum total of the people you surround yourself with.

I am a Tardus paying client, none of us that recently posted get any sort of kickback or referral fee for talking about our experiences on BP (although I do believe there is a referral bonus if you refer a new client...but it is nominal enough that no one is trying to bring in new members soley for this bonus).  In our closed group, it was just mentioned that this forum thread was discovered and that everyone responding were just speculating with no actual clients commenting. A request for honest feedback was requested and within the matter of hours/days, many of us were willing to comment.  I think that goes a lot to show you how engaged Tardus clients are.  Yes, we pay a fee for the coaching, that many of us feel is fully worth the cost, maybe having "skin-in-game" makes us more likely to take action and be excited about the company, but that is for you to decide.  I am pretty sure they give free consultations to explore your financial position and current cashflow, to see how Tardus could be of help to you and if they would be a good fit for achieving your goals.

I have been looking at Tardus and one of my primary questions is how they identify "fast burning" vs "Slow burning" fuel. For fast burning, you need to find an investment with 30-50% cash on cash returns - that is where I am skeptical - I have already invested in many of the vehicles they suggest and have not seen that kind of return (or it involves more risk). Since you retain control of your money, how does one consistently maintain 30-50% cash on cash return? 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 30 2022, 07:56

Tardus member here. I highly recommend Tardus. Fast and low burning fuel has nothing to do with the returns. Fast burning fuel are defined at short (2-3 year) amortized investment that pay out interest and principal on a monthly payment. Are you pay down the LOC (with your own monthly cash flow and the passive income that you are getting from amortized investment) you are able to reinvest the LOC which creates a higher cash on cash return with each stacking investment. I would recommend reaching out to a Tardus coach to give you a presentation on how the patented system works. I've been with Tardus for 6 months and upgrading to VIP status. Joining Tardus has been one of the best financial decisions I've made. At a certain point you will be able to increase your LOC and buy real estate property using split strategy (downpayment on rental will be all OPM), real estate would be the slow burning fuel.

User Stats

Votes
Lindsie Akers
  • Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Aug 30 2022, 09:19
Quote from @Dimple Gajra:

Following this post. I would also like to know if the snowball strategy they describe is sustainable. In the presentation they provide, they never consider the interest that needs to be paid on the borrowed money. I am curious about how that works. 

There is a little bit of interest on the borrowed money but since you are paying it off so quickly (with the system you're paying off the entire line of credit in somewhere between 3-6 months) it is nominal and while the lower the better, the interest rate isn't super important.

User Stats

Votes
Lindsie Akers
  • Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Aug 30 2022, 09:28
Quote from @Heidi Backer:
Quote from @Davis Hanai:

I have been looking at Tardus and one of my primary questions is how they identify "fast burning" vs "Slow burning" fuel. For fast burning, you need to find an investment with 30-50% cash on cash returns - that is where I am skeptical - I have already invested in many of the vehicles they suggest and have not seen that kind of return (or it involves more risk). Since you retain control of your money, how does one consistently maintain 30-50% cash on cash return? 

Hi Heidi, I'm not sure which investments you have tried yourself but I can let you know the ones I've tried personally with my snowball. 

Peer to Peer lending (on Prosper) - Invested $10,000 initially - receive $320/month for 3 years. $320 x 12 months = $3,849/$10,000 initial investment = 38% CoC Return

The Legacy Income Model (this is a product a financial planning firm created specifically for Tardus clients) - Invested $10,000 initially - receive $310/month for 3 years. $310 X 12 months = $3,720 in a year. $3,720/$10,000 initial investment = 37% CoC Return

You can receive similar results with other investments that pay principal & interest. These can be things like mortgage notes, crypto loans, personal or business loans, some clients have even used MCA or their infinite banking policies. Tardus has hundreds of clients who are using the old "tried and true" methods that are extremely passive or finding new ones that require further due diligence. It's really up to the individual investor (and their coach who helps them create their criteria and decision-making process.) Tardus is "investment agnostic" - they're teaching the strategy, not affiliated with a specific type of investment.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Heidi Backer
  • Saint Paul, MN
Votes |
  • Saint Paul, MN
Replied Aug 30 2022, 09:39
Quote from @Lindsie Akers:
Quote from @Davis Hanai:

Hi Heidi, I'm not sure which investments you have tried yourself but I can let you know the ones I've tried personally with my snowball. 

Peer to Peer lending (on Prosper) - Invested $10,000 initially - receive $320/month for 3 years. $320 x 12 months = $3,849/$10,000 initial investment = 38% CoC Return

The Legacy Income Model (this is a product a financial planning firm created specifically for Tardus clients) - Invested $10,000 initially - receive $310/month for 3 years. $310 X 12 months = $3,720 in a year. $3,720/$10,000 initial investment = 37% CoC Return

You can receive similar results with other investments that pay principal & interest. These can be things like mortgage notes, crypto loans, personal or business loans, some clients have even used MCA or their infinite banking policies. Tardus has hundreds of clients who are using the old "tried and true" methods that are extremely passive or finding new ones that require further due diligence. It's really up to the individual investor (and their coach who helps them create their criteria and decision-making process.) Tardus is "investment agnostic" - they're teaching the strategy, not affiliated with a specific type of investment.

Thank you Lindsie! Much appreciated! I have done peer-to-peer lending in the past and one default wiped out nearly all of my gains, so it's great if no one defaults, but if they do, then you have an issue. I still invest on Prosper, but I do so with skepticism as I have seen the impact of one default. 

I have also invested in mortgage notes and so far no one has defaulted, but if someone does, I am not sure how much it will cost me to exercise my lien (I imagine there are some legal fees involved, but since I have not yet experienced it, I cannot speak to it first hand). 

I am only skeptical because I consider myself to be fairly knowledgeable when it comes to leveraging money, investing, etc. but I have also over-leveraged myself, taken on too much risk, and sustained pretty large losses - which it doesn't matter what your return or CoC is when you wipe it all out with one loss.

User Stats

Votes
Lane Kawaoka
Pro Member
  • Honolulu, HAWAII (HI)
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Honolulu, HAWAII (HI)
Replied Aug 30 2022, 11:55

Better to use your infinite banking than a heloc since a bank can pull your loan at anypoint.

User Stats

Votes
Lindsie Akers
  • Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Aug 30 2022, 12:26
Quote from @Lindsie Akers:
Quote from @Davis Hanai:

Thank you Lindsie! Much appreciated! I have done peer-to-peer lending in the past and one default wiped out nearly all of my gains, so it's great if no one defaults, but if they do, then you have an issue. I still invest on Prosper, but I do so with skepticism as I have seen the impact of one default. 

I have also invested in mortgage notes and so far no one has defaulted, but if someone does, I am not sure how much it will cost me to exercise my lien (I imagine there are some legal fees involved, but since I have not yet experienced it, I cannot speak to it first hand). 

I am only skeptical because I consider myself to be fairly knowledgeable when it comes to leveraging money, investing, etc. but I have also over-leveraged myself, taken on too much risk, and sustained pretty large losses - which it doesn't matter what your return or CoC is when you wipe it all out with one loss.

Hey Heidi, you definitely are smart to do your due diligence and make sure you fully understand the investment and the risk involved before diving in. With peer to peer were you investing all of your $ into one or just a few loans? Tardus coaches (I believe a lot of people who invest in p2p even outside of Tardus do this too) recommend splitting your investment across many loans. So if I choose $25 notes, my $10,000 is split across 400 notes, meaning if one defaults it's not the end of the world because the others will continue to pay out. Also, one of the reasons the snowball helps avoid risk is you're continuously reinvesting the same leverage so it would be nearly impossible to over-leverage. For example, if my investments were $10k like I used in the example...then I'm using a $10k line of credit, then completely paying it off in just a few months. So while I'm doing a new investment every few months, and keep stacking up more income, I'm not wracking up any debt or anything.