Personal Finance

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Whiddon
Votes |
Any recommendations for a CPA in upstate NY (Chemung, Steuben...)

Daniel Whiddon
Posted Jun 28 2022, 10:51

Hello. Ive been searching around for an accounting professional in the Corning\Elmira area for a bit now. Im looking for recommendations from the BP community in that regard. I keep track of my own books but having someone to bounce questions off of and help me with LLC taxes at end of year (not H&R this year) would be nice. Itd be nice to work with someone who specializes in real estate but it is a small community, and google results are failing me today.

Thank you all in advance.

Upstate New York, New York

User Stats

Votes
Basit Siddiqi
  • Accountant
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Accountant
  • New York, NY
Replied Jun 30 2022, 14:55

@Daniel Whiddon

The population is very small in the cities that you mentioned. You may fair better by looking for a CPA within New York State.

The fact that you keep good records of your books is good as CPA's normally like organized clients.

If the LLC is a single member LLC, there is a good chance that it will be considered a disregarded entity.

Best of luck to you in your search for a CPA.

User Stats

Votes
J Zev Jankovic
  • CPA
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • CPA
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Jul 5 2022, 11:57

@Daniel Whiddon - It's sometimes difficult to find a CPA who both specializes in real estate and is located close to you in upstate New York.

There are lots of good CPAs and Enrolled Agents on Bigger Pockets who work remotely and have clients all over the country. You can just reach out to them and determine which one fits your needs the best.