User Stats

Votes
Dallis Gibson
Votes |
In Search of a new CPA

Dallis Gibson
Posted Aug 9 2022, 08:16

Good morning,

I am a rookie to real estate investing but have a few properties with my brothers. I have one myself and am looking for someone with real estate knowledge. My current CPA just seemed to leave us in the dark and we do not feel comfortable working with them anymore. We know there is better out there! I am also in agriculture sales for my day job so, someone with agriculture knowledge would be great as well. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
J Zev J.
  • CPA
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • CPA
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Aug 9 2022, 10:07

@Dallis Gibson - There are a lot of CPAs on BiggerPockets. Most of them work with real estate investors in all 50 states. You can reach out to them to see if they're a good fit and fall within your budget.

User Stats

Votes
Brian M Sweeney
  • MBA, CFP®, EA
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • MBA, CFP®, EA
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Aug 9 2022, 11:26

Check out Whalen & Co in Columbus. I used to own an accounting firm. They are one of the best 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Dallis Gibson
Votes |
Replied Aug 10 2022, 04:30
Quote from @Brian M Sweeney:

Check out Whalen & Co in Columbus. I used to own an accounting firm. They are one of the best 

Thank you for the reference, I will have to check them out!

User Stats

Votes
Dallis Gibson
Votes |
Replied Aug 10 2022, 04:33
Quote from @J Zev J.:

@Dallis Gibson - There are a lot of CPAs on BiggerPockets. Most of them work with real estate investors in all 50 states. You can reach out to them to see if they're a good fit and fall within your budget.

Thank you for reaching out and giving me that tip! I will start looking on BP!

User Stats

Votes
Isaac Lane
  • Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Aug 14 2022, 14:37

I've worked with Brian Aden at HHH CPA group in the Columbus area. He has experience working with real estate investors and was very helpful with tax planning!

User Stats

Votes
Dallis Gibson
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Aug 17 2022, 08:43
Quote from @Isaac Lane:

I've worked with Brian Aden at HHH CPA group in the Columbus area. He has experience working with real estate investors and was very helpful with tax planning!

Thank you for the reference!