• Pembroke Pines, FL
Votes |
Line of Credit on Investment Home

Sam Mathew
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Pembroke Pines, FL
Posted Nov 21 2022, 09:00
Hello Bigger Pockets Members,

I am seeking advice if anyone knows how I might be able to get a line of credit on a market value $500k home that is in Michigan, but I live out of state in Florida.  Only seeking a line of credit, not a fixed loan. 

I called a few banks and credit unions but they said due to me being out of state, they wouldn't be able to do it.  Trying to see if there are still options with assumption of all good financials and credit score.

Please provide any guidance if you have any.  Thank you.

User Stats

Votes
Khemraj Sarju Jr.
  • Lender
Votes |

It would almost not be possible to get this line of credit. If this is investment. The best option would be a DSCR program. We do this for a majority of our clients.

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Nov 21 2022, 10:52
Quote from @Sam Mathew:

I am seeking advice if anyone knows how I might be able to get a line of credit on a market value $500k home that is in Michigan, but I live out of state in Florida.  Only seeking a line of credit, not a fixed loan. 

I called a few banks and credit unions but they said due to me being out of state, they wouldn't be able to do it.  Trying to see if there are still options with assumption of all good financials and credit score.

Just refi cash out, KEEP IT SIMPLE, 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Sam Mathew
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Pembroke Pines, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Pembroke Pines, FL
Replied Nov 21 2022, 11:09
Quote from @Bob Stevens:
Quote from @Sam Mathew:

Just refi cash out, KEEP IT SIMPLE, 

Thanks Bob, yes, I can do that but I prefer LOC if available only to pay interest on the funds I use.  Otherwise, traditional loan funds will just sit in my bank account costing interest until I'm ready to use which may take months.  But if that is the only option, then maybe that's the path forward.

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Nov 23 2022, 13:12

Ask for a commercial line of credit with the house as collateral.

One thing you didn't share - what's the balance of any current mortgages?