Pro Member
  • Shelton, CT
Votes |
Real Estate Focused CPA Referrals

Shawn Mix
Pro Member
  • Shelton, CT
Posted Mar 28 2023, 20:04

I'm starting to think more about my upcoming plans to expand my real estate investments. I'm also wanting to be able to have a REI minded CPA as part of my team to lean on and rely on for helping ensure I can meet my goals. Unfortunately my current CPA gets the job done, but he's not very personable and doesn't offer much advice or ability to advise on my taxes, finances, etc. Hoping there are some other folks in the Connecticut area with some referrals, or honestly if there are referrals for a CPA who would handle/practice CT tax as well so they can help with my specific needs. Realistically these days with Zoom and Docusign, there isn't an absolute need for it to be someone local. But local would be awesome.

User Stats

Votes
Ruben Aguilera
  • Realtor
  • Stamford, CT
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Stamford, CT
Replied Mar 29 2023, 06:53

Hey Shawn, I would Highly Recommend you "The Book on Advanced Tax Strategies" by David M Greene. There is a lot of information in it that will help you ask the right questions and know what the right questions to ask are.

Unfortunately not all CPA's are created equal. Some offer advice and really know how to navigate things and some just get the job done. Some are not familiar enough to offer advice. I don't know which one you got, but this book will help you by pointing you both in the right direction.

I highly recommend the audio book as it was easy to digest and very well narrated. Best of Luck Shawn!

User Stats

Votes
Vicki X.
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Mar 29 2023, 07:08

Agreed that someone local is not required. Check out "tax smart real estate investor podcast" and see if like the team behind it. They specialize in real estate and quite a few CPAs in that team invest in RE themselves. Hope it helps!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Linda Weygant
Pro Member
  • Investor and CPA
  • Arvada, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor and CPA
  • Arvada, CO
Replied Mar 29 2023, 14:23

Bigger Pockets has a CPA referral page: