Andre Joseph
Pro Member
Votes |
QuickBooks Setup for Real Estate Investors

Andre Joseph
Pro Member
Posted Apr 29 2023, 17:03

Hello, 

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to you because I am in need of assistance with setting up my QuickBooks system for buying and managing properties in GA.

As you may know, managing properties involves a lot of financial transactions and record-keeping. I believe that QuickBooks can help me streamline these processes and provide me with accurate financial data that I can use to make informed decisions about my investments.

However, I am not very familiar with QuickBooks and would like to hire your services as a CPA to help me set up the system. Specifically, I would like your assistance in:

• * Configuring QuickBooks to track income and expenses related to buying and managing properties
  • * Setting up bank and credit card accounts, as well as importing transactions from these accounts
  • * Creating categories and tags to properly organize transactions
  • * Generating reports to help me analyze my financial data

If this is a service you can provide, please let me know your availability and pricing. I am eager to get started and would appreciate your expertise in helping me set up QuickBooks for my real estate investments.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards, 

Andre

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Apr 30 2023, 05:50
Quote from @Andre Joseph:

Hello, 

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to you because I am in need of assistance with setting up my QuickBooks system for buying and managing properties in GA.

As you may know, managing properties involves a lot of financial transactions and record-keeping. I believe that QuickBooks can help me streamline these processes and provide me with accurate financial data that I can use to make informed decisions about my investments.

However, I am not very familiar with QuickBooks and would like to hire your services as a CPA to help me set up the system. Specifically, I would like your assistance in:

• * Configuring QuickBooks to track income and expenses related to buying and managing properties
  • * Setting up bank and credit card accounts, as well as importing transactions from these accounts

If this is a service you can provide, please let me know your availability and pricing. I am eager to get started and would appreciate your expertise in helping me set up QuickBooks for my real estate investments.

Best regards, 

Andre

I used a woman - debbie mullins bookkeeping. google her she is in texas. if you cannot find her info shoot me a pm and i can give you her contact information. she helps investors set up quickbooks

User Stats

Votes
Andre Joseph
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Apr 30 2023, 13:00

Hi Chris,  

Thank you for the recommendation. I sent Debbie an email and mentioned it was a referral from you.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Simon W.
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Lehigh Valley PA & New York City
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Lehigh Valley PA & New York City
Replied Apr 30 2023, 15:16

Hello, 

Best regards, 

Andre

Hello Andre, a fellow NYer.

If you are looking to  acquire and manage properties, you definitely do not want Quickbooks. Although, it can be done. I am a Certified ProAdvisor and have over 15 years of experience in real estate accounting. 

If you insist on QB, I can help you with that and also provide discount pricing. I am also certified in Xero and it is QB direct competition. 

I highly recommend looking into a PM software with Accounting module. I also help investors to start their own PM firms and that is what it looks like you are looking for.

User Stats

Votes
Mark S.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Saint Paul, MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Saint Paul, MN
Replied May 1 2023, 05:41

@Andre Joseph Just use REIHub and do it yourself. It is designed for exactly this, is extremely comprehensive and simple to use. Wonderful reports that you can give your accountant direct access to for tax planning. Also includes time tracking for your REP status monitoring. 

User Stats

Votes
Rachel Mazzanti
  • Virtual Assistant
  • Remote
Votes |
  • Virtual Assistant
  • Remote
Replied May 1 2023, 16:28

Hello, 

Best regards, 

Andre

I recommend buildium or yardi breeze. 

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Nash
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • McKinney, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • McKinney, TX
Replied May 3 2023, 08:53

I think it's great that you are asking for help with this and not trying to do it yourself if you don't have expertise with software and accounting.  Quality books are needed for both internal monitoring so you can make decisions and for external needs like preparing taxes and qualifying for loans.  My biggest challenge working with business owners is lack of quality books and records.  I do not offer this service directly but can help provide you with a few options if you have not already found a resource.  

User Stats

Votes
Vicki X.
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied May 3 2023, 18:55

@Andre Joseph If you are looking for an accounting solution only for rentals, I also recommend a rental accounting software, instead of Quickbooks. 

How big is your portfolio? If you just get started, I would recommend a simple and low cost (sometimes free) rental accounting tool: Azibo, Stessa, REIHub.  They all offer income/expense tracking, financial reports and tax reports (Schedule E).
Azibo and Stessa offer business bank accounts. Azibo also providers many property management features. REIHub is purely accounting. Think about the features that matter most for you and decide.
Cost wise, Azibo is free. Stessa has the free and premium versions. REIHub is paid.
Azibo and REIHub support double entry accounting. Stessa doesn’t as of today. Hope it helps. Happy to share more info.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Picciurro
Tax & Financial Services
  • Accountant
  • Franklin, TN
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
  • Accountant
  • Franklin, TN
Replied May 4 2023, 09:04

I agree with many posters. You will want a separate property management software that integrates with QBO (QuickBooks Online). You can use class tracking in QBO for categories, but it will be very clunky.