Skip to content
Personal Finance

User Stats

Votes
Jason Hill
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Mint is Shutting Down! Need Alternatives!

Jason Hill
  • Denver, CO
Posted Nov 2 2023, 09:44

Hey everyone! Looks like Mint is shutting down. This is a huge bummer, as I've been using it for 10 years and I think it's a super useful tool. Intuit is trying to move everyone to Credit Karma, which has some of the capabilities of Mint, but not all. The most obvious difference is that it doesn't have budgeting capabilities. What has everyone here found is the best alternative to Mint? Bonus points if I'd be able to upload all of our Mint data and could hit the ground running with the new service!

User Stats

Votes
Taylor L.
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Nov 2 2023, 10:46

I am very disappointed by this, but I guess Intuit no longer wanted my business! There is a 0.0% chance I'm switching to their credit card pitching app. I'm already migrating away from Quickbooks next year, so I will no longer be an Intuit customer for any of their products.

There are several other options -YNAB, Empower/Personal Capital, Quicken Simplifi, Monarch Money, etc. I'd suggest looking at each of those and deciding which is best for you. I did switch to one of those (not going to say publicly for privacy & security).

Uploading data or settings from Mint is going to be a very tall order. I decided to start with a clean slate on the new platform. I saw it as an opportunity to improve some of my data tracking & categorization practices.

User Stats

Votes
Sunny A.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • South Jersey and Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • South Jersey and Philadelphia, PA
Replied Nov 6 2023, 13:06

I think personal capital is great.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 6 2023, 13:12

I'd consider Personal Capital, YNAB, Quicken, EveryDollar, or CountAbout (which supports Mint data imports). Evaluate these options to find the one that best suits your needs, there's no perfect choice, that's for sure!

User Stats

Votes
Julie Marquez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Skagit County, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Skagit County, WA
Replied Feb 15 2024, 12:44

@Jason Hill What alternatives have you come up with? I am in the same boat as you and do not recommend Credit Karma at all for transaction and budget categorizing. I wish I had all my mint data for some end of the year tax reporting, and am not scrambling to find something new. Let me know what you came up with. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 24 2024, 23:55

(Empower) Personal Capital is a easy replacement for Mint. It as a very similar web interface. One issue that I am trying to figure out is out to get my older bank transaction from mint into Empower if its possible.